Chapter 9

Hey everyone I am feeling really nice and have put all my assignments on hold to get you this knew chapter. Before you read a warning a lot goes on in this chapter, I was thinking about splitting it into two parts but thought nah. ok so enough yapping from me and happy reading.

*****

Chapter 9

When I wake again I am in my bed still in all my cloths and coat. I stretch and sit up in my bed. I am still very tired and I don’t think I will ever catch up on sleep. My stomach growl and my throat is dry and I am hungry.  I go take a shower first and get into a pair of track suit pants and a jumper as I am freezing. Once I am dressed I walk down stairs to find the whole family at the dinner table. I first notice Travis and he looks terrible, next I notice Violeta and she looks just as bad. Tabitha and Alex are laughing and Mum and Dad seem deep in thought.

"Morning."I say and all heads snap my way.

"Morning is not the word I would use, it is dinner time." I frown. I slept for a whole day and I am still tired.

"Why did no one wake me?" I ask and my father gives me a knowing look.

"Nikki you were awake all last night and this morning. You were so tired we found you and the bottom step sleeping like the dead we had to make sure you were still alive."My Father says as I take my seat. I am served dinner and I dig right into it.

"Nikki I wanted to say how proud I am of you. Mike told me everything that happened last night and you took responsibility to make sure everything was fine. You didn’t have to stay up and make sure everything was fine but you did anyway and I am proud. You were quick to think which people may have trouble with."He is beaming at me like a proud Father and I feel myself glow with pride that I made him happy.

"Yes we are proud you made sure your siblings were safe and you took extra precautions. We will make a fine queen someday." She is smiling at me too and it is strange that Violeta or Travis haven’t said a word.

"Well I only did my best I was worried rouge’s got into the house, it was hard to keep track of who was coming in and out." I look at Travis to see him moan and bang his head on the table. The rest of dinner is silent which is strange and peaceful.

"How much shit did you get into?" I ask Travis once we leave.

"A lot ok, can we leave it at that." I laugh and he joins in. " I don’t think I have ever seen Dad that made even when Drake said he was marrying a werewolf he just blew up. He was even more pissed when he saw all the broken stuff." He laughs but I am not, I never understand how my brother finds things like this amusing.

"Travis what you did was stupid. What if the party got really out of control and your bloodlust or something kicked in what do you think would have happened then." He is no longer laughing and has a serious look on his face.

"I know I was stupid but I wanted to have fun Nik you should give it a try once in a while." I stop walking and give him a look. "Ok maybe not". I head up into room where I lie down on my bed. I pick up my phone and call Vixen’s number but all I get is voice mail so I ring her home phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi Steph its Nikki I wanted to talk to Vixen." I hear a shuffle behind her as I wait for an answer.

"She doesn’t want to talk to you and in a matter of fact I don’t want you to go out with her anymore. If I see you two together I will put a hex on you." Vixen mother hangs up and I a left annoyed and hurt. I yell into my phone and throw it across the room and break down into hideous sobs. No one comes into my room and I fall asleep crying.