Chapter 17

Chapter 17

When we pull up to the house and I walk inside to find the council here. Great.

“Good evening Nikki.” All 5 of the council members stood around waiting for my father to come in.

“Good evening, David, Joseph, Eric, Philip and Deacon.” My voice is overly sweet and I give them a pleasing smile putting on a face just for them. My posture becomes straighter, my head is held high, my shoulders are pushed back and I try to hold power in my stance.

“Always a pleasure to see you Nikki. Have you been preparing for the ball?” Eric ask. He has blonde hair and pale blue eyes and the council member I hate the most because he is Abigale’s father.

“Yes, I have Eric, there is so much that needs doing in the little time we have left.”  I give a pleasant smile but really in my mind I am stabbing him with a pen over and over again.

“Well, I am sure a girl like you has lots of time on their hands considering you don’t participate in many school or social events.” The other member shift and I want to lash out, but I keep my calm composure and concentrate on some like, like Cole’s ass.

“You are right, I don’t participate in many school or social events but I believe that getting a good education is more important than popularity. Putting family first and spending time is just as important. So adding more things like ball and social event can be stressful and a lot of work when there are more important things to worry about then planning a garden tea.” I see the other members nod their heads and I now I have done a good job. My father is standing close and I can see Eric trying to pick a fight.

“Yes I believe education and family are important, but so is fitting in. If you are going to become your father’s successor you need to become more involved with your own kind and stop mingling with other species and concentrate on getting to know your own people.” I am starting to think I want a hex on Eric instead of Abigale. Abigale is tolerable at times but Eric is a pain in my butt.

”You see however, my daughter Abigale both attends and helps with school and social events and also knows the people of the vampire community. Nikki child, tell me how many people of the vampire community do you know and talk to. Do you even know how many people are in the vampire community?” All the council members are waiting for me to reply and I can feel my bloodlust rising. Think of Cole’s ass, think of Cole’s ass.

“Yes I indeed know. Throughout the world there are over 300 different vampire communities and they all vary in size. Here we have a decent size community but in places like Rome and Italy is where you will find the bigger communities with over 100 different vampires in each. I also know that Vampires are one of the largest supernatural groups but we also have the most rouge vampires and that is because we live for the long time meaning that families can have up to 10 children or more in each.” I stand up straighter proud of myself for remembering all that from the books dad is having me read. Eric is dumb founded and the council members are pleased.

“You have a good head on your shoulders Nikki.” Philip says with his fiery red hair and hazel eyes. He would be my favourite member. My father puts his hand on my shoulder and I know he is proud of me. I can feel it radiating off him.

“Nikki why don’t you go and get some dinner. Everyone else please make you way to the conference room so we can began, if Eric is done here?” My father’s voice is powerful and strong and they all follow his orders, so I leave them to do whatever they do.

By the time I go to my room I am so tired I can hardly walk. After everything that happened last night with Cole and the drama today I don’t know if my body will be able to keep up. I roll over and wonder what Cole is up to tonight.