Chapter 21

>>>>>>>Picture of Violeta and Drake

Chapter 21

It is Friday and I am waiting for Vixen to come over. Damien is here and Cole said he would be running a bit late. There is a knock at the door and I look at Travis.

“Vixen is here!” I run to the door and open it. “Happy birthday!” I yell. I had seen her at school but pretended I forgot it was her birthday.

“I thought you forgot.” She laughs and I wrap my arm around her and we walk into the lounge near the back. Damien and Travis yell happy birthday. When we walk into the room it is covered in party decorations.

“Is that sing star Nikki?” I nod and she picks up a mic and give me one. She plays a song and I laugh when she selected “Like a virgin by Madonna” Vixen and I start to sing as Damien and Travis laugh at us as we pretend to grind over each other and touch ourselves. When we finished Vixen won because I kept laughing as she gave me suggestive looks whenever I sung the word virgin. Vixen and Travis were up next and they were singing spice girls. It is mine and Travis go and I know the song I want to sing.

“Really Nikki.” I smile as the intro for “hey Mickey by Toni Basil” come on. Travis and I always sing this but instead of Mickey we always say Nikki.

“Oh Nikki what a pity, you don’t understand, you take me by the heart you take me by the hand.” I sing hitting all the high notes Travis can’t. Half way through the song Cole walks in smiling at me and Travis jumping around like goons. I give him a wave and keep singing. When I win I shout and smack a kiss on Travis cheek and go and grab a drink as Vixen and Damien are up. I am taking a drink when Cole stand next to me with his hand tucked into his pant. He looks amazing in jeans and a shirt that fits him tight, that shows his amazingly toned arms.

“So, how are you feeling?” He ask and I don’t think I could ever get enough of him asking me.

“Hot.” I say watching his eyes glaze over with passion

“Be good.” He whispers and I laugh and go and sit on the couch watching Vixen try and beat Damien

“Nikki up you get. I got just the song for you.” I laugh and grab the mic off Damien. He play “this heart attack by Faker” I start to sing, Damien and I always get really competitive when we sing. When we finish he just beat me.

“Nikki I didn’t know you could sing.” I shrug my shoulders at Cole and pick another song I know I will win.

“No Nikki. You know I hate these song.” Damien whines as I grin.

“We are singing this and I will beat you.” Travis, Vixen and Cole all sit down as “This is war by 30 seconds to mars” Starts.

When the chorus starts I start to belt out my notes.

“To the right, to the left,

We will fight to the death,

To the Edge of the Earth,

It's a brave new world from the last to the first.

To the right, to the left,

We will fight to the death,

To the Edge of the Earth,

It's a brave new world,

It's a brave new world.”

Damien keeps singing but I stop. I feel my bloodlust raising at how true this song is to my life. The war I am fighting with myself. Someone is calling my name as my body starts to shake and I do what Cole said I run outside and scream. I scream so loud that I cannot hear anything else. I just keep screaming and screaming. My throat is starting to hurt but I don’t stop. I didn’t even realise that Cole was leaning against the house smoking a cigarette as I screamed. When I finished I was short of breath and my throat was killing me.