Chapter 27

Chapter 27

I know I am meant to move but my legs are stuck in place. My heart is racing a thousand miles an hour and I feel like I am going to be sick. People start to whisper, when Travis touches my arm. I look at him to see him nodding his head to dad waiting up on stage. I look to my father who has a reassuring smile on his face. I look to the exit and I am so tempted to just runaway. I take a huge deep breath and straighten up my posture. I know I should be smiling as I walk to the stage but I am just too damn scared to smile.

I pick up my dress as I walk up the stairs and kneel before my father. He waves a hand over and on a red pillow is my crown.

“Nikki Jade Cordelia Stark, do you accept the Role as my successor and the responsibilities that come with the role.” I look to my father who has his king mask on. I shallow the huge ball in my throat

“I do.” My voice rings around the whole room which surprises me a lot.

“Do you accept that when my time comes that you will take my place as Queen, look over and rule our people.”

“I do.” My father smiles at me as he pick up the delicate silver crown.

“Then from now until my death you will be known as Princess Nikki Jade Cordelia Stark, successor of King Vladimir Stark.” He places the crown on my head and holds out his hand to me. I take his hand and get up on very shaky legs. My father turns me to our people and I take a deep breath. I look out to see some people grinning and other people look shocked. I search for Vixen and Cole to see Vixen grinning but Cole looks like he is lost in thought. I find Travis and Drake ready to burst with pride. I take another deep breath as I say my part. Please don’t forget it Nikki.

“I Nikki Jade Cordelia Stark, take the role as King Vladimir Stark’s successor until his death. I promise to uphold our laws a traditions with the highest regard.” My father leads me to my seat next to his and I take a seat and let out a huge breath as everyone starts clapping and cheering.

“Well done Nikki. I thought you were going to do a runner.” I smile as dad whispers in my ear.

“So did I dad. I almost did.” I look out to see everyone starts dancing with the music that started. It’s not traditional music but a fast upbeat. “How long do I sit here.” I ask as I can see Vixen waving me over.

“You can go.” I get off my seat and kiss Mum and Dad before I go to see Vixen. As walk past people they all stop and bow and I inwardly groan. I walk to Vixen who is jumping up and down.

“Princess.” She bows and I laugh.

“Don’t be stupid Vixen.” She laughs a hugs me.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were, your father’s successor?” She pouts and I sigh.

“I promised the king and council. So my lips were sealed.” She looks me up and down and has a huge grin.

“The crown suits you.” I reach up my hand and take off the stupid thing off.

“Yeah well, you want it?” I pass it to her and she almost faints. I laugh and put it back on my head.

“Don’t do that Nikki.” I laugh and look for Cole to see he is not with us.

“You know where Cole went?” I look around again but I cannot find him.

“I think he went outside for a smoke.” She shakes her head. She has never been a fan of Cole smoking.

“Well you want to come or not.” Vixen shakes her head and I start to walk outside. I am stopped by heaps of vampires on the way who are coagulating me, also telling me how young I am and how it should if been my brother in a very discreet way. By the time I get outside I am glad to be away from everyone watching me.