Chapter 19

Chapter 19

 When I walk inside I see that some of the council members are here and straight away I change myself over to respectful Nikki.

“Nikki, how are you doing today?” Philip ask and I give him a pleasant yet reserved smile.

“I am feeling much better, thank you. If you are looking for my father he is out today with my mother.” I look around to see everyone but Eric and I am glad.

“That is ok, we came to talk to you.” Deacon looks over my shoulder to Cole who is standing behind me. “You haven’t introduced us.”

“Sorry this is Cole, he is here to help me with all my bloodlust and make sure I am doing fine after the events that occurred yesterday evening.” I can feel Cole frowning behind me at how formal I am being which he has never seen. In fact I don’t think anyone has ever seen me so formal.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Cole.” David the eldest of them says “Now Nikki, we did have to discuss some matters with your father but I suppose you could help us.” I try not to frown at what it might be.

“It would be my pleasure, if you would all like to go to the conference room I will be there shortly. I will send someone up to make sure you are comfortable.” They nod and starts to walk away. ‘Nora!” I shout and she is next to me in a flash.

“The council members have scheduled an unexpected visit. Could you send someone up to make sure they are fine for food and drinks while I change into something more appropriate.” She nods and I use my speed to go into my room.

“Nikki, are you ok?” I am flustered trying to find something formal to wear.

“Fine.” I find what I need and start to take all my clothes off not caring that Cole is with me. I slip on a long sleeve dress shirt and black pants. I also brush my hair and slip on some shoes. Cole is watching me as I use my speed to get from one end of the room to the other.

“Ok, how do I look?” I say doing a spin for him, hoping I look presentable.

“You look fine Nikki, but you need to calm down. Deep breaths.” I take some deep breaths but I don’t feel calm. I wonder if dad did this on purpose.

“Ok let’s go. I am not sure if they will allow you to come in but follow ok. Considering last night they might allow you to come in.” I start to walk down stairs when he stops me.

“Do you do this all the time?”

“No, but I know how to talk and handle this stuff, something my father made us all learn encase of something like this.” I smile and keep walking. I stop outside the door and try to calm down my nerves. I open the door and they all stop talking and stand.

“Please sit, I am not king.” They sit and start talking among themselves.