Chapter 16

Hey Everyone because today is Christmas and I am full of Christmas spirit. I decided to do one last update before I go away which is tomorrow. So I made this a long chapter *I hope* so Enjoy and Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

*****

Chapter 16

Cole took us to school and before we left his house as I like to call it, we made up a story that I was walking to school and he gave me a lift.

“Cole you need to pretend that nothing happened ok.” I say climbing off the bike.

“You regret it.” I can see the hurt in his eyes and I sigh shaking my head.

“No I don’t, but I just go out of the rumour mill I don’t want to be in it again for another few weeks.” I start to walk into school but he grabs my arm stopping me.

“Why? What is going to happen in a few weeks?” I can see panic but I don’t say anything.

“Nothing, really but it is this feeling.” I shrug my shoulders and walk into school.

“Nikki!” I hear Vixen yell and she wraps her arms around me.

“Hey, god your hugging me like you will never see me again.” She pulls away and wipes her eyes which were full of tears.

“Your father came to our house last night and said you ran away. He thought you were with us.” I look over her shoulder to see Travis and my dad making their way towards us.  Great just what I want.

“You have got to be fucking kidding me.” Vixen turn around and gasp as my father is standing in the corridor walking towards us. The vampires around us bow when he walks past and I roll my eyes. I grab my books and turn face to face with my Dad.

“Hey Travis thanks for getting me my stuff.” I grab my bag off him and put it in my locker ignoring my father. “Well I have to go and see one of my teachers about our assignment. I will see you later.” And I walk away. By the time the bell rang everyone was buzzing about my father’s visit wondering why he was in the school.

“So Nikki. What was your father doing at school today?” Maria a vampire asked me.

“How would I know I left the house to walk?” She looks at me and smiles.

“I saw that you arrived on Cole’s motorbike.”  She was grinning but also shotting daggers at me.

“I was walking to school, so he gave me a lift.” I pull out my English book and wait for the teacher

“And why would he give you a lift.” I could hear the real question behind it what is so special about you?

“I don’t know. He and Travis are mates I guess he felt obligated or something.” I tried to keep an even voice which was hard.

“Oh I forgot, sometimes it is easy to forgot you are siblings. It is things like today when your father shows up that people actually remember who you are.” She stalked off to her seat leaving me upset by what she said because deep down I knew she was right.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. I would sit in class and when I was bored I would replay last night in my head over and over again and find myself smiling at nothing. I was glad I hadn’t run into Cole yet because I think I would blush or just have this silly grin on my face which Vixen noticed at lunch.

“What is wrong with you Nikki, you have this stupid smile on your face.”  I snap out of it and frown at my food.

“It’s nothing just remembering something.”