Chapter 29

Chapter 29

It has been three weeks since Cole left me and three weeks since I had my breakdown at Damien’s Aunts lake house. My life is mad. I still hurt a lot and every time I look at Cole my heart aches. Since becoming princess have all these roles and reports I have to do. I am always at council meeting and if I am not doing work for the council, I am trying to keep up with school work which I am falling behind in. My bloodlust is no help. I try everything but since Cole left none of his ideas are helping.

 Tomorrow I have my art show at school but I also get my tattoo. Whenever a vampire becomes princess they get a tattoo. My father got one and the king before that got one. I get the day off school as it takes a while to get done. I have been given three weeks to pick my design and I finally have one that drew myself.

It is going on my neck and looks very tribal. Its 13cm long and 6cm wide. It swirls down my neck and starts about 3cm below my hairline.  

“Nikki, are you sure this is the tattoo you want?” My father is looking at the picture and smiling and I know he likes it.

“Yes and I want it on my neck.” It is a small ceremony with my family and the council. I sit on a stool as the tattoo artist looks at the picture and starts. There is a small stinging pain but nothing too bad. It takes almost 4 hours as I have lots of fine little details.

“How does that look?” He shows a mirror to the red skin which is already starting to heal.

‘”Perfect.” He wraps it up for now and in a few hours all should be good.

“Well let’s all have some lunch.” We go into our normal dinner area and all eat. All of the vampires left a few days after the ball and the house I back to its normal self.

“Hey Nikki let’s look!” Travis ask. He asked dad if he could get a tattoo and Dad said no. I undo my bandage to show him. “That is so cool Nik. Wear your hair up tonight to show everyone.”

“Well that’s the idea you idiot.” I laugh which I haven’t done in a while since being back with Damien. I haven’t seen Damien since that weekend so I don’t know if he is coming tonight or not. I ask Vixen to invite Cole as he was inspiration for my two paintings but she never got a reply. I spend the rest of the day painting in my room. I finished the painting of the girl in bondage and my teacher wanted to display it so I am letting her. The painting I am working on is of a child who is lost in the world. The main focus is the emotion on the face while the background will be busy and blurry.

“Nikki, you ready to go?” Mum yells. Shit.

“Umm, just a minute.” I run and have the world’s quickest shower. I pull my hair into a bun and you can see my tattoo. I wear pants and a nice top. I put on some shoes a rundown stairs.

“Nikki, why were you not ready?” Mum asked once we are in the car.

“I was painting.” We arrive at school to see Drake and Mia waiting at the front. Drake left after the ball but promised he would come to the art show.

“Nikki, let’s take a look.” I turn around so he can look at my tattoo. “Cool!” I smile and give then both a huge. Violeta was going to come but she is huge know and didn’t feel like coming out.

“So Nikki. You going to tell us what pieces are yours?” Dad ask. He has been bugging me more and more to see my painting.

“Nope, that’s the point of anonymous art shows. The artist are reviled later.” It was our teacher’s idea because she said parents will say they will love your work even if it look terrible. This way we get the feedback we need. When I walk in people still give me horrid looks but I have gotten used to it. Today everyone knew I got my tattoo and are all looking at my neck.