Chapter 32

Chapter 32

When I walked inside I was greeted by laughter. I walked into the dining room and waited outside the door watching my family, all the council and their families. They were all laughing at something Travis did and I smile to myself. Why couldn’t he see that he would make a better successor then me? I watched as the conversation flowed around the room and everyone was at ease. Whenever I was around nobody was like this. They were always tense and ready to jump me when I lost it. I sighed. I wish it could be like this with me around. I decided to leave everyone to enjoy themselves and I walked away to my room. There was really only one place I wanted to be. I left everyone a note and I went to Cole’s.

When I knocked on his door I can tell he was surprised to see me.

“Nikki! What are you doing here?” He seemed nervous and kept looking around the place as if waiting for someone.

“I don’t know. Didn’t want to be at home.” I shrug my shoulders and look at the floor.

“Come in.” I walked into his place and saw Chris lying on the lounge. “You do realise how dangerous it is for you to be walking around at night by yourself?” I shrug my shoulders like it is no big deal.

“I wasn’t really thinking.” I yawn because that’s is how tired I have been lately.

“Nikki hey. How are you?” I smile at Chris and put my hair into a messing bun of top of my head. “Nice tattoo.” He knows I am my father’s successor but I think he likes to pretend that I am not.

“Nikki, have you had dinner yet?” I shake my head and he brings over a plate of food.

“Thanks.” I eat all of it and drink all my blood. I think Cole is the only person who I will allow to see my red eyes.

“So, how are you feeling?” Chris groans and turns up the tv.

“Tired, hungry, annoyed. I don’t know Cole. I hardly get to sleep anymore, I hardly have time to eat. I am failing every subject.” I sigh and leans on his shoulder. “My father expects so much of me and so does the stupid council. Whenever I mention an idea they shut me down. They think I am unfit to lead and they are thinking about provoking my title and finding someone new.” I close my eyes and savour Cole’s touch.

“Well if anything counts. I think you will make a great ruler.” He whisper and I hear Chris snort.

“Well if you two don’t mind me I am going. Cole remember what we talked about, see you Nik.” He leaves and I hear Cole sigh. We snuggle up on the couch and watch a bit of tv before I start to drift off to sleep. I feel too warm but I don’t want to move. There is a buzzing noise but I just block it out.

“Nikki.” I feel someone running there hand up and down my back leaving and tingling in it’s wake.

“Mmmm.” I mumble and I slowly open my eyes to Cole smiling face. “Good morning.” He chuckles and gives me a kiss.

“It’s not morning Nikki, it’s afternoon.” I gasp and sit up. I look at my phone on the bedside table to see it is 3 in the afternoon. I missed a whole day of school.

“Whoa, I must have been tired.” I rub my face trying to wake myself up.

“Nikki, you were sleeping like the dead.” I lie back down and rest my hand on Cole’s shoulder.

“Did you ring my father?”

“Yes I did. He is fine with you staying tonight as well. He said that you need time a break I think.” I laugh. I trace Coles tattoo. I trace each symbol and I feel Cole shiver. Cole pulls me close and we lay like that for a while with my head on his chest and his tracing patterns on my back. After a while Cole get up to get food while I take a shower. I find some of Cole’s cloths and put them on. I come out to find Cole sitting on the lounge surrounded by Chinese food.

“Yum, my favourite.” I sit down in an Indian style and pig out of the food he bought. “Cole can I ask do you. Do you drink from the vein?” I have been meaning to ask for a while but it keeps slipping my mind.

“No I don’t. I used to but not anymore.” I can tell he doesn’t want to talk about it, so I just leave it. Once we finish up dinner Cole brings in ice-cream blood and we devour the whole thing.

“That was yum.” I say as I lick my bowl. Cole laughs and licks the ice-cream off my nose. I stretch and yawn. How am I still tired?

“I think it is time for someone to get to bed.” I nod and we make our way back to his room. I am snuggled into Cole’s side with my head on his chest.

“Do you really think I will make a good leader?” I ask though my sleepy haze.

“I think you will make an amazing leader. You will change the world.” I laugh and I think I love him more.

“Cole.”

“Yes.”

“I love you.”

“I love you to Nikki Stark.” I fall asleep with smile on my face.

When I wake I know it is early in the morning and Cole is still asleep. I sit up and watch him sleep for a bit. He looks so peaceful. I grab a pair of his boxes and go to the bathroom. Once I am done I go to get a glass of water. I am refilling up my glass when a voice comes from behind me.

“Well isn’t this a surprise.” I turn around and am faced with two red glowing eyes.

****

Hey everyone sorry this is short and on a cliff-hanger :0.

Lets have a little contest. whoever can guess the ending or what might happen will get a chapter dedicated to them.

Another chapter will be dedicated to the person who can guess who the eyes belong too.

Side note School goes back for me tomorrow. I am in year 12 doing my HSC so I will try to get the rest of the book up before things get to busy.

remember to vote, comment and share.