Chapter 27 - Puzzle Piece.

As me and JJ slept inside of my home, I heard a knock on my door. When someone knocked again, I lifted up and glanced at the clock, it read 4:27am. This wasn't a normal time for someone to be knocking on my door. I got out of bed and peeked out of the window, trying to see who it was.

It was Noah. He had on the same outfit and the same messed up and frizzy hair, which I was so used to seeing combed, slicked down, and polished.

"Lord..." I whispered, closing my eyes.

I cracked the door open, looking at Noah through the crack.

"Noah, what you doin' here?" I whispered, trying not to wake JJ up. "It's 4:30 in the morning!"

"I need somewhere to stay, Josh." Noah plead. "I ain't ate, slept, or bathed in days. Please."

I felt bad. I was thinking about letting him in, but then I watched JJ walk behind me.

"Daddy, who dat at da door?" JJ asked.

"JJ, go back to bed." I whispered loud at him. "Now!"

As JJ walked back up the stairs, he made me think a little hard. I didn't want Noah being drunk anywhere around JJ.

"Nah, man." I said, shaking my head. "I got a son in he-"

"PLEASE!" Noah plead as he clenched his fingers together, tears rolling down his eyes. "Nobody won't take me in Josh a-a-and I need a ho-"

"No, Noah. You need to go find you a homeless shelter." I whispered. "This ain't the place for this."

"Come on, Josh. Come on!"

I was taking no chances. I shut the door, walking back into my room and listening to Noah plead and beg by my front door. Unfortunately, I knew about Noah's past. And with Noah's past, I know that he NEVER kept his word. He'll tell you that he won't do something, then do it right behind your back. He wasn't smart for no reason. He put his brains to work.

Which is why I wouldn't let him stay with me.

For the whole day at school, Madilyn didn't talk that much to Kayson. She didn't talk that much to anyone. She was still a little bummed after being turned down and having virtually no friends, it was really starting to take a toll on her emotions. When Madilyn came home, she expected to clean and get some rest like she usually did.

But when she got there, she saw her adoptive mother, father, and sisters standing in the living room with an unidentified Indian male.

"Madilyn, I've found him for you." Her father smiled. "I've found your husband."

"Husband?!" Madilyn gasped loudly. "Now?"

"Madilyn, meet Stan. Harold, meet Madilyn." The man smiled. "You two will be marrying by the end of the year."

Stan smiled and walked up to her, caressing her face and kissing her softly on her lips.

"But.......but!-"

"In between these 9 months, we're hoping that you two can have a child!" The mother smiled. "That way you can fit in like the traditional family! Okay?"

Madilyn wasn't prepared for any of this. She teared up a little, turning back to her parents.

"Alright..." Madilyn mumbled.

"In a week, we'll have a place for the both of you." The father nodded.

"Wait dad, I can't just mov-"

"Sweetie, I know you're nervous, but I had to do the same thing." Her adoptive mother plead in a low tone. "I promise that I'll help you through the way."