Chapter 54 - Jig is Up.

"Where was he?" Aunt Shay panted.

"Ma'am, we're trying to figure that out now." The officer sighed as he took notes at the hospital.

Everyone was already at the hospital. How did the police get to the hotel? Nobody called them. Abel left and went to a secret location, while Kayson came home to Aunt Shay's through a taxi. He came back during the middle of the night to establish an alibi and for everyone to think that he was still at the house. An hour later, the police called Aunt Shay and notified them. Within the next hour, all of us were at the hospital. Everyone, accept for Q and Asha. [They couldn't go because the media around them was too hectic.] It was something that we still did when something terrible happened to one of us. As Kayson, Madilyn, Madison, Aunt Shay, Isaiah, Iyana, and Aunt Shay waited at the hospital, me, Carlos, and Stacey arrived there as well. I left JJ with Kathy for the night.

"We know who did it!" Aunt Shay barked. "It was that Indian son of a bitch! The kids know his name!"

"What was the name?" The officer asked as he walked over to them.

"We don't know if he did it for sure!" Lily growled as she looked up. "I can't just give his name away!"

"His name is Abel McCay." Iyana mumbled, looking down. "His name is Dad...."

Lily and Kayson gave Iyana a shocked look as the officer wrote his name down.

"We'll find him and interview hi-"

"No you won't." Isaiah mumbled, keeping his arms folded as he stared off at the ground, slumped in his chair.

The officer gave Isaiah a weird look in confusion.

"Excuse me, sir?"

"All you're gonna do is come here, interview us, tell us that you're going to investigate, then put this shit aside like y'all do EVERY OTHER case us Schaefer niggas bring to y'all, including the case with my kids kidnapping, who are sitting here alive in this hospital." Isaiah growled, looking up at him. "So what I'm gonna do is find this son of a bitch and kill him myself."

"Sir, if you do that, that's a first degree murder char-"

"So fucking what." Isaiah said in a sinister tone. "I'll take the fucking charges."

As the officer walked off, me, Carlos, and Stacey crept up to Isaiah as Aunt Shay followed Noah's nurse.

"Wow." I gasped as I looked over at the kids. "Is that really Kays, Lily, Maddy, and Iyana?"

"Yeah." Isaiah groaned. "That's them."

"You ain't sound that happy, nigga!" Stacey chuckled lowly. "Them is yo' kids! Be glad that they still alive-"

"No, Stacey. They don't even wanna be around me." Isaiah growled. "They that Indian man's kids...."

Carlos scrunched his eyebrows, giving Isaiah a weird look.

"Why you say that?" Carlos asked.

Carlos glanced down, taking a deep breath and looking over at them.

"Some man kidnapped them, just like the nigga said before you and Noah killed him. They were in Saudi Arabia the whole time." Isaiah sighed. "He took my kids, raised them, and now they ain't interested in meetin' none of us. He robbed me of my parenthood, man..."

Carlos pulled out his phone, then started texting a few people.

"I'll tell niggas to get on it." Carlos said.

Unfortunately, the doctors weren't able to give us any new news on Noah's condition. All they said is that he's stable, but wasn't looking too good. The two bullets missed his spine by inches, so they had to work the bullets out by not damaging Noah's nerves.