Chapter 29 - Logic.

As Lily held the picture, she jogged downstairs and ran outside, jogging up to Kayson as he planted and worked out on the field.

"Kayson! Kayson!" Lily chanted as she wailed the picture out in her hands. "Look! Look at what I found!"

Kayson wiped his forehead with his glove and glanced down at the picture of Lily and Asha. He scrunched his eyebrows down at the picture, scratching his head.

"A picture of Asha and her little girl?" Kayson asked.

"Yeah, not look at my baby picture."

Lily placed a picture of herself next to it, watching Kayson's eyes widen in shock.

"Wait a minute...." Kayson paused.

"Yeah!" Lily nodded, giving him a shocked look.

"You.......you can't be Asha's daughter!" Kayson laughed. "Her daughter died in a fire!"

"But when I watched the show, it said that the police couldn't identify the children." Lily panted. "So.....?"

Even though Asha had the picture, it was pretty difficult for him to believe that she was the daughter of a superstar. So Lily took Kayson upstairs to show him all of the other pictures she found inside of the box. Iyana followed after them, looking at the pictures as well. One photo she pulled out, was a picture of Kayson, Tyler, Isaiah, and Iyana in the delivery room. Minutes after Tyler gave birth to Iyana.

But after 10 years, Kayson or Iyana didn't recognize Isaiah, Tyler, or the baby, which was Iyana herself.

"Do you know who this is?" Lily asked in a confused tone.

"No?" Kayson chuckled. "I have no clue."

Lily squinted her eyes at the picture, leaning back.

"I don't know who they are, either." Lily groaned.

"Me either!" Iyana squealed.

"Iyana, of course not." Kayson groaned. "You had to be like a baby when these pictures were born."

"Well, what about my picture?" Lily asked. "Even if Asha isn't my mother, I know her in some sort of way."

As Kayson shrugged, Lily stood up and glared evily out of the window.

"You better keep that shit to yourself." Kayson said in a serious tone. "You know dad is combative-"

"No. I'm going to ask him." Lily growled.

"Leave it, Lil-"

"No. I want to know why dad had sexual relations with her and didn't tell me." Lily growled. "I DESERVE to know."

"Yeah you say that now, but are you gonna say something when dad gets here?" Kayson scoffed as the three made their way back downstairs.

"You'll see." Lily nodded. "Watch."

But Lily and the others had a lot of waiting to do. Abel didn't get home until 8:00pm, so it was going to be a minute. As Lily and Iyana started preparing for dinner early, Madilyn walked onto the field. As Kayson cupped the top of his eyes to see who it was from the sunlight, he smiled a little and went right back to planting his fruits and veggies.

"Hey, Maddy!" Kayson smiled.

"Hey!" Madilyn smiled as she kept her hands into her pockets. "Sup?"

"Nothin'." Kayson mumbled as he raked his fingers in the dry soil. "Plantin'."

Madilyn glanced down at him, wiggling her fingers in her pockets.

"What you wanna be when you grow up, Kays?"