Chapter 46 - "Upon your Arrival."

Kayson silently walked through the door, shutting it. He stepped through the door with his jacket on his arm, stepping through with his black beader on. As Kayson sat on the small bench by the front door and took off his shoes, Abel cut on the light, giving him a blank and serious stare. He glanced at the red scratches on Kayson's arm and upper back that Madilyn gave him, watching Kayson look up at him, then lean forward down onto his shoes.

"Where have you been?" Abel asked in a bland tone.

"Out." Kayson answered in a low and agitated tone, snatching off his black boots.

"Out where, Kayson?"

Kayson didn't answer him. After he snatched off his right boot, then started wrestling off his other one.

"Kayson, you better answer me damnit!" Abel growled. "You're living under my roof and I deserve an explan-"

"You know what, it wasn't my choice to live in this damn house. It was YOUR choice to kidnap me from my real parents and take me here. You did not bring me into this world!" Kayson growled at him as he headed out the backyard again. "So let me tell you something, I'm gonna sleep out in the barn again, and when I graduate at the end of the year since I'm the highest of my class, I'm going to work on my own and leave this house and you'll NEVER have to worry about it again, alright?"

Kayson was becoming rebellious. He was starting not to give a shit about a word that Abel was saying. However, Abel didn't want to let up on him. Why?

Because of what happened to his first son.

The next day was a Saturday, so Kayson and Madilyn headed back off to the hair shop. The women inside of there were so fascinated that there was a man working inside of the shop. Kayson found himself comfortable doing a woman's job, which was something he thought that he'd never be able to feel "alright" with. While Kayson did hair, Madilyn took the initiative to go out and find her own job. The only thing that was available, were the fruit stands outside of the hair salon.

But these stands were only allowed to be sold by men and men only. Still, she had a plan B.

"Hi." Madilyn said in a low tone, walking up to one of the Arab men.

"Aye, hello!" One of the three men smiled. "Would you like to buy an orange?"

"No, but I'd like to work here." Madilyn smiled.

The man glanced at her, glanced at the other three men that he was selling fruits to the large amount of people, then started laughing as hard as they could. They held their stomachs, glancing at Madilyn as she gave them a funny look.

"Do you REALLY think that YOU can sell to these large amount of people?" One of the other man scowled. "You're a woman!"

"Plus, we grow these fruits on our own." A third man said. "Women can't farm."

"Hey!" Madilyn scowled. "I've farmed before!"

"Yeah. Pft." The first man chuckled. "Alright."

Madilyn gave them a funny look, then put a small grin on her face.

"Fine." Madilyn smiled as she placed her netted bags of oranges, apples, and lemons. "Watch me sell these."

Madilyn stood beside them, placing her fruits into her cooler filled with ice, then waved her hands up.

"$5.00 fruits!" Madilyn shouted over the noises of a bunch of people and cars. "$5.00 fruits! Fresh to eat in the heat!"

Seconds later, 5 people walked over to her and took out their wallets.