Chapter 9 - Polygraph.

As Kayson watched the truck fade away in the distance, he stood up and gave Abel a furious look. Abel glanced down at him, giving him a blank stare.

"You'll see her another time." Abel said. "Come on."

"Why u give her away!?" Kayson barked.

"I said come in the house!"

"No!!"

Abel slowly turned around, giving Kayson a strict and stern look.

"What'd you say to me?"

"I sed no!"

As Abel grabbed Kayson by his wrist, Kayson snatched himself out of his grip and shoved Abel. As he stumbled back, Abel yanked Kayson by his upper arm, snatched him back, then started whipping him hard with his belt. As he lunged forward and started to wail out loud, he continued to do it as he dragged Kayson up the stairs, shoving him into his room. He kept on whipping and hitting him on his back, when Lily stood by the door with Iyana.

"Top it!" Lily yelled, saying 'Stop it'. "Top it! Be nice!"

Abel looked back at Lily, watching her cradle Iyana in her small grip. As Kayson lay bruised on the bed, Abel stormed out and made one last remark.

"You will NOT disobey me!" Abel barked. "You don't leave this room until you apologize!"

"I'm never apoligizin'!" Kayson yelled. "I want my weal daddy and mommy!"

As Abel slammed the door, he glanced down at Lily as she held the baby with a tight grip.

"You don't go in there until I say so, you got that?" Abel growled.

Lily gave him a mean look, glancing down.

"I wan my mommy bak!" Lily whined. "Wer my mommy and daddy Noah go?"

Abel sighed, walking into his room and shutting his door. He poured himself a little whiskey, laid back into his bed, and took a sip. He needed time to himself to think about what he was going to do with the kids.

Disrespect was NEVER an option in his household.

Meanwhile, I was still over Isaiah's. I was officially listed as homeless. The job I had in Washington winded up firing me because I took too many days off worrying about Isaiah, Noah, and everyone else. Even though Isaiah probably didn't think much of it, I was embarrassed. More than embarrassed. I was a grown man living with someone else because I couldn't afford a tiny apartment that I was sharing with my ex-girlfriend. It was humiliating. Anyway uh, as Isaiah started to prepare for work, he would always cut on the morning news to see what was the update on the case. Unfortunately, there were none. Isaiah groaned and grabbed his phone, preparing to head out the door.

Seconds before, his home phone rang. It was Aunt Shay.

"Hey mama." Isaiah said.

"Hey baby." Aunt Shay sighed. "I was just calling to see if you were alright."

"I'm fine, I'm just preparin' to head off for work, that's all." Isaiah sighed. "Do you need anything?"

Aunt Shay groaned, scratching her head.

"I need you to see what's up with your brother." Aunt Shay growled. "I think that he's blatantly accusing me of killing my grandbabies!"

"What?!" Isaiah scowled. "How?"

Aunt Shay paused, lying back in her seat.

"The police called me in for questioning and found a few inconsistencies with my statement, so they wanted me to take a lie detector test and I refused." Aunt Shay growled. "I wasn't about to take that test. It was a sign of disrespect to me."

"Let me call him." Isaiah growled. "This is getting ridiculous."

Isaiah hung up the phone, angrily dialing Noah's number and placing it against his ear. He listened in as the phone rang one ring after another.

"Hello?"

"What the fuck is you doin' questionin' mama like that, Noah?" Isaiah barked.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard what the fuck I said!" Isaiah barked. "Why is you questionin' mama when she ain't had shit to do with this?"

"Look, I called the police department and they named her as a suspect-"

"So?"

"SO I told her to take the lie detector test to clear her name and she caught a damn attitude!"

"Of course she caught an attitude! Why do you think?" Isaiah snapped. "You telling her that she had something to do with it!"

"I didn't! All I did was told her to take the damn test so that the detectives could clear her out and move on, but she won't do it!" Noah growled. "That obviously mean that she got some shit to hide, doesn't it?"

"I can't believe you think that a damn lie detector test can prove mama's innocence when she ain't ha nothing to do with this shit AT ALL!" Isaiah snapped. "How dare you!"

"I don't think mama did it but if she's getting super defensive over something like this, then that means that she has something to hide." Noah growled. "Bottom line."

Noah hung up the phone, leaving Isaiah to wonder. However, his mind was set. He knew that Aunt Shay would never do anything like this to them, and so did I.

But Noah, Noah didn't trust ANYONE.

As for Madilyn, Fabrizio drove her 20 minutes away to his rural home. This house that he had, looked nothing like Abel's. He lived on a deserted farm in a small and run down house, almost like in the color purple. After arriving there, he picked her up and brought her inside of the home, throwing her onto the couch. As Madilyn laid down in a fetal position, he grabbed some perfume and started spraying her body with it.

"Top!" Madilyn yelled. "Top it!"

"You may as well get sprayed now, little girl!" Fabrizio barked. "You're going to have to take off your clothes for these men tomorrow, so I want you to smell good!"

Fabrizio slammed the door and locked Madilyn inside of the room, leaving her inside to cry her eyes out. She held onto her knees, looking out of a small cracked window by the room. This was her chance to escape. She could easily exit the window and run off. But she was too scared. Why?

In the area that she was at, she had no place to go.

At night, Aunt Shay sat in her home, thinking about what Noah said. She knew that she was innocent and she knew that she did nothing wrong, but she knew that the police were onto her. What she wanted, was for them to start searching for the real killers of the kids. So what she decided to do, was swallow her pride and drive up to the police station. When she arrived 20 minutes later, she walked up to Detective Howard and Blandy and said

"I'll do it." Aunt Shay sighed. "I'll take the lie detector test."

Detective Howard and Blandy glanced at each other, then stood up.

"Come this way." Detective Howard nodded. "We'll get you set up."

Meanwhile, Noah was at the hospital, taking care of his patients. His attitude improved, but losing his kids put his focus elsewhere. All he's been worried about was who were the people responsible for killing his daughter, nephew, and niece. As he examined one of his clients, his cell phone rang. Even though he wasn't supposed to answer, he was too worried about it to ignore it.

"Hold on one second." Noah said, standing up and walking to the corner of the room. "I have to answer this call."

Noah slid his phone open, answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hello is this Noah?" Detective Howard asked.

"This is he?" Noah said. "Is this Detective Howard?"

"Yes."

"Do you guys have any updates?"

Detective Howard took a deep breath, shaking his head.

"Your mother failed the lie detector test that was given to her."