Chapter 58 - "Trill nigga Carlos."

The detectives brought Kayson into the room, sitting him down at the table. They brought him a can of Coca-Cola like he asked for, then watched them sit down with their pens, pencils, and clipboards. Kayson glanced up at the camera in the room, shaking his head and making hand gestures towards his neck.

"Mmm mmm." Kayson said, shaking his head. "No cameras."

"What?" Detective Sayers scowled lowly.

"No cameras!" Kayson said. "I don't want to be filmed."

"But, we need the filming for court and prosecution." Detective Fosters said.

"Look, I will testify in court. You can write down whatever I say, but I'm not willing to do this if you record me." Kayson said. "It's your choice."

Detective Sayers and Fosters groaned, getting up and standing on a chair, unplugging the main base of the camera that allowed it to film. Once the TV in the room across from that one turned blue, Kayson watched the detectives turn back to him.

"Alright, now what information do you have?" Detective Sayers asked.

Kayson paused, opening his can of pop and sipping out of it.

"It all started with my father telling me how he hated Roman while he was younger..." Kayson continued.

For 30 minutes, Kayson only told the cops 1/3 of the story that had to do with the killing. Once he was getting up, he lied and told the detectives that he was preparing to go to work, so that the interview would continue the next day.

"Now promise that you won't arrest him until I'm done with the interview, okay?" Kayson said as the officers prepared to step out. "I'm gonna talk to every cop in California to assure that I have witnesses."

"Gotcha." Detective Fosters said.

As the detectives turned their heads, Kayson slipped his hand into his backpack and watched the officers turn around.

"Are you coming out, sir?" Detective Sayers asked.

"Yeah, I'm just looking for my phone." Kayson lied.

As the officers stepped out, Kayson glanced at the door. Once it was shut, Kayson pulled out the bomb that was littered with super sticky glue. Kayson placed it under their table, rubbed his hands, then headed out.

Kayson was on some G shit.

As for Asha, she was at home by herself. Her three boys were at a sleepover with their friends from school, and Q was still booking shows for Asha down in the Bahamas. As she pampered herself by taking a large hot bubble bath, she heard a knock at the door. When she flipped her TV to the cameras outside, she saw that it was Noah.

"Oh lord."

Asha got out of the tub and placed on her robe, buzzing him inside. When she opened the door, she saw him with a cane. He was still limping from the bullet wounds.

"Heh heh. Don't worry." Noah chuckled. "I'll only be using this until my back heals up."

"Are you alright?" Asha gasped.

Noah paused, glancing down.

"It's a......very, long, story." Noah sighed. "I was hoping that you wouldn't mind having a discussion about it over lunch."

Asha closed her eyes, rubbing her forehead.

"Noah, you know-"

"I already called Q and asked him. I didn't want him thinking that I was trying to get at you." Noah said. "Not in a dating way."