Chapter 30 - Touchdown.

Since the next day was Friday, Kayson, Lily, and Iyana did what they always did. Went to school and came home, preparing for a bland weekend. But one person did something different. And it's no surprise, it was Lily. After school, instead of getting on the bus, she decided to use a little bit of the money that she stole and ordered a cab for later since she knew that her father wasn't going to be home until 8pm. Where was she at? Doing something that women of Abel's religion didn't do.

Getting a job.

Lily walked up to a fruit market that was on the corner of the dirt and crowded road filled with stores. As the man looked at her, Lily had one request.

"Hi, I came to apply for a job." Lily said in a soft and low tone.

As for Madilyn, she didn't go to school. Why? Her adoptive mother, siblings, and relatives were all at a church, watching Madilyn try on her wedding dress. The whole time, Madilyn was less than interested. She didn't want any of this. As her adoptive mother tightened her tight and fluffy white dress, her adoptive aunt stroked her face and smiled at her.

"Why so down, Madilyn?" The woman smiled. "This is supposed to be an EXCITING moment."

As Madilyn rolled her eyes, her mother gave her a stern look, then smiled at her relatives.

"Can you guys give us a moment, please?" Her mother smiled.

"Sure. Come on, kids!" Madilyn's adoptive grandmother smiled as everyone walked out of the room. "We're going to start seeing what we want for lunch, anyway."

As soon as they shut the door, Madilyn's mother turned her around, giving her a serious look.

"You need to fix your attitude, Madilyn." Her mother groaned as she fixed the front of her dress. "A lot of women would be grateful at your age."

"Well I'm not." Madilyn growled.

"Why not, Madilyn?" Her mother growled back.

"Because I don't want to get married at the age of 14!" Madilyn snapped. "I don't even know the boy and he's not even a BIT attractive! This is a bunch of bullshi-"

Before she could get the curse word out, the woman smacked her in her face. As Madilyn kept her head turned to the side, her "mother" made it clear that she wasn't going to be disrespected.

"You ungrateful little bitch. There's so many women in the world who would love to have found their husband by this age. One thing that's clear, is that you're getting married. No if, ands, or buts." Her mother demanded in a low tone. "Do you understand me?"

The woman snatched Madilyn by her chin, giving her a serious look.

"Do you understand me?!" Her mother asked in a louder tone.

Madilyn gave her an angry look as small curls of her red hair sat on her face. She gave her a furious look as her mother turned her around and finished touching up her dress.

"Now be still while I fix your dress." The woman growled as she pinned a flower onto the back of her dress.

Madilyn was furious. But like a lot of girls in her country, she had no choice but to suck it up and move on without questioning of any sort. A few hours later, Kayson arrived at home before Lily and Iyana. He jogged upstairs and placed on his gloves, preparing to go out and work out in the gardening and planting. He stepped back and glanced inside of Lily's room.

Her things were unpacked.

"I knew it." Kayson chuckled in his mind.

As he stepped inside of her room, he looked at 5 pictures she had laid out on the bed. One of the photos, were of Isaiah and Kayson together at his school. Kayson picked the picture up, squinting his eyes and trying his hardest to remember who the person was.