Chapter 31 - Close to Home.

By herself, Lily walked through the crowded airport of California, looking for her luggage. After grabbing it on the mover, she walked out of the door and into what looked like a busy night in Harlem. She watched as people walked by on the beach and strip, not paying attention to her a bit. The smell of burning gas and tire tracks from the passing cars were too much for her, simply because she was used to a more calm and sedated country. She glanced down at her weird dollar bills, giving off a weird look.

"How do I get a ride out here?" Lily thought.

From a distance, she saw a large yellow van coming by. And based by the shows that she used to watch, she yelled

"Taxi! Taxi!"

As the van pulled by her and stopped, Lily got inside. She looked around the car with her mouth open, watching the man turn around and look at her.

"You got a destination or you just gonna sit there and stare around like you from outta town?" The man scoffed.

"Actually, I'm from out of the country." Lily scoffed.

The man gave Lily a weird look, grilling her.

"Where?"

"Saudi Arabia. 17 hour flight." Lily chanted. "I'm Indian, white, and black."

Little did Lily know, she was 50% black, 25% white, and 25% Mexican based on Noah and Asha's genes. Haha. Anyway, the mans face went black as he turned around.

"You ain't no terrorist, is you?" The ghetto country driver scoffed. "I ain't tryna get blown u-"

"What makes you think that I'm from Saudi Arabia means that I'm a terrorist you racist bastard?" Lily barked.

"I mean I'm just askin'." The man shrugged. "Y'all know how y'all are."

"Just take me to the closest hotel." Lily growled.

As the man started driving, he smiled a little and cut down his music.

"So you got me some Indian bitches I can holla at?" The man laughed. "Shieeetttt that sounds solid."

"Excuse me?"

"Some foreign hoes?"

"Actually, you can pull over." Lily mumbled.

"Huh?"

"Pull over now!" Lily barked.

The man placed his hand up, pulling alongside the sidewalk. Lily got out of the car, walking to the hotel with her suitcase.

"Fucking Americans." Lily growled, walking alone through the crowded streets.

Lord. What were the odds of Lily running into that one ignorant American who made a bad rep for all of us?

But for Abel, he was going nuts.

"What do you mean she went to America?!" Abel snapped.

"I don't know, dad!" Kayson plead. "She left this note and-"

"This is a disgrace! How dare she!" Abel scoffed. "Oh but don't worry. She'll be banging on my door in no time. Trust me!"

Abel placed his hands on his hips, nodding as he glanced up at the ceiling.

"Oh don't worry. She'll definitely be back." Abel grinned. "And when she comes back, she's sleeping in the farm for a week after I beat her down!"

With the picture of Kayson and Isaiah was still in his hands, Kayson glanced down and lifted it up to Abel.