Chapter 39 - Jigsaw.

Isaiah frantically called Carlos, placing the phone up to his ear and looking around.

"What up, 'Saiah?" Carlos answered.

"Look 'Los, I got some bad news." Isaiah chanted.

"What's wrong?"

"The police found Roman's body." Isaiah stuttered. "They found him right where we put his ass."

"What!?" Carlos scowled. "How?"

"I don't know!" Isaiah scowled back. "I guess some hick white folks bought the vacant land his ass was buried on!"

"Shit..." Carlos whispered, getting up and pacing back and forth.

Isaiah started shaking a little, running his fingers through his hair.

"I ain't never been this nervous, man." Isaiah said in a shaky tone. "Police ain't never found any of the bodies we buri-"

Before Isaiah could finish his sentence, someone called him on the other line. It was Asha.

"Hold on, 'Los." Isaiah groaned. "It's Ash."

Isaiah clicked over, placing the phone back to his ear.

"Hello?" Isaiah answered.

"Isaiah, some crazy ass shit just happened!" Asha panted in an excited, yet anxious tone. "It's crazy as hell!"

"What?"

"Lily, Lily is alive!" Asha said in a shaky tone, placing her fingers by her lips.

Isaiah jolted up on the couch, scrunching his eyebrows and dropping his mouth open. The news was so sudden and unexpected that it didn't even sound real.

"Huh?"

"Isaiah, Noah came over with the DNA test of a brown skinned girl with curly hair who's name came back as Lily." Asha panted again. "The girl is 13 years old and she belongs to us! I'm literally shaking right now."

"That.......that means that Kays is alive, right?" Isaiah stuttered.

"She says that she has no clue where they are." Asha sighed. "She said that she hasn't seen them since she was little."

The news of finding Roman's body quickly left Isaiah's mind as he glanced back at his phone.

"Hold on, let me click in Carlos."

Isaiah added Carlos to him and Asha's call, making it a three way.

"Aye, Carlos?"

"Yep." Carlos nodded.

"Asha?"

"Yeah?" Asha said.

"Aight Carlos, Asha just told me that Noah came to her house with a teenaged girl matching Lily's description." Isaiah panted in a breathless tone. "Turns out Noah got a DNA test and it confirmed that it was Lily."

The blunt that Carlos was smoking dropped out of his mouth and onto a toy of his stepsons that was lying on the ground.

"Y'all fuckin' jokin', right?" Carlos asked.

"I'm as serious as a heart attack." Asha said.

"W-Where she been stayin' for almost 10 years?"

"She came from Saudi Arabia, but she says she hasn't seen Kayson, Madilyn, or Iyana since she was little." Asha added. "That's all of the informa-"

"I knew it." Isaiah growled as he stood up. "I knew it!"

"Knew what?" Carlos and Asha asked.

"I told y'all asses 10 years ago that our damn kids was there and what the hell did y'all do?" Isaiah snapped. "Y'all gave out and quit on me!!"