Chapter 26 - Adolescence.

The second Lily's eyes laid on Abel, her heart skipped three beats. She placed the CD down as Abel stormed over to her, snatching it away. He glanced at the cover, looking at Asha on it. It was the album that had her nominated for a Grammy at the future awards.

"So you went to that damn pop artists thing after I told you not to, huh?" Abel growled.

"It was the only time that she was going to be here, dad!" Lily plead. "She never comes to Saudi Arabia. Ever!"

Abel clenched his jaw, glancing down at the carpet.

"So you snuck out of this house, without permission?"

Lily didn't say anything. In a blink of an eye, Abel stormed over to her and grabbed the plug of her unplugged lamp, beating her backside with it. Lily's bloodcurdling cries couldn't stop Abel from beating her as bad as he felt that he needed to. With the fresh wounds and bruises on her arms and face, Abel grabbed her by her arm and started tugging her downstairs.

"What are you doing?!" Lily wailed out as Iyana and Kayson went by the stairs, watching what was going on.

"If you wanna sneak out this house like a dog, you sleep out of this home like a dog!" Abel barked as he threw her out of the home. "You sleep out here for the night and think about what you've done!"

As Abel slammed the door, Lily lay crying on the front porch of the home. She huddled up under there as a storm started to breach in. In a blink of an eye, heavy rainfall started to pour across the valley. That wasn't like it was anything new where they lived. So Lily covered her hair with her jacket and walked into the farmhouse to sleep there for the night.

The next day, I went over Isaiah's to visit. He still lived in the same home he used to have with Tyler. But before I could start driving over there, Isaiah told me that he was over Aunt Shay's house with the kids. All the more reason to bring JJ right along with me. Heh. Anyway, when I arrived at Schaefer 15 minutes later, JJ was more than happy to see his cousins Jalen and Maurice playing with their toys out on the front porch.

"Raaawwwrrrrr!" JJ growled as the greeting.

"Raaaaaaaaawwwwwrrrrr!"

"Y'all kids STAY on the porch!" Isaiah said. "Don't leave them steps!"

I stepped inside, giving Aunt Shay a hug and kiss on the cheek as always.

"How are you, Auntie?" I asked.

"I'm fine." Aunt Shay smiled. "How are you, Josh? I heard you've gotten back on ya' feet!"

"Yeah, I had no choice." I sighed as I glanced out at the door, looking right at JJ. "Once I found out that JJ was coming, I had to make ends meet."

"What up, cus?" Isaiah smiled, giving me a handshake. "Nice to see you since you done forgot about us."

"Nigga, please." I growled. "When do you call?"

"Every other day, foo."

"Lemme see." I snickered as I looked at his phone.

But before Isaiah could show me, I could hear someone outside of the home.

"Iiiissssaaaaaiiiaaaaahhhhh!"

Isaiah scrunched his eyebrows, glancing out of the window. He sighed, shaking his head and telling out on the porch.

"Come on, y'all." Isaiah said as he rushed the kids inside of the house. "Y'all come inside."

As Isaiah shut the door, Aunt Shay stepped out of the kitchen and looked at him.