Chapter 57 - Plan B.

After everyone was asleep in the house, Kayson gathered all his material that he purchased from a local store, placing the items in front of him on a long desk, cutting on the light. He had an old school timer, a pressure cooker, multiple wires, two large batteries, a remote control. and three chemicals. But before this, he had to Google how many police departments there were in California.

There were 47.

"Shit." Kayson thought as he stared off into space.

And with that being said, Kayson didn't have as much material as he needed. Still, he wanted to put together his first bomb to see how it worked. He carefully started to place the wires into the red tarp, when he heard Madison upstairs.

"aaahaaaaa!" Madison cried.

Figuring that Madilyn would get her, he continued to build. But after 5 minutes passed, he realized that Madison wouldn't stop crying. Kayson groaned and stomped upstairs into the room, watching Madilyn try to breastfeed her.

"What's wrong with her?" Kayson asked in an agitated tone.

"I don't know." Madilyn shrugged as she rocked Madison in her arms. "I changed her diaper and tried feeding her and nothing's working."

Kayson took Madison from Madilyn, holding her in the air.

"Madison, why are you crying?" Kayson whispered loudly.

Suddenly, Madison stopped. Her head dangled as she glanced down at Kayson, slobbing on him.

"Awh. She just wants her father." Madilyn smiled in a low tone. "Why don't you take her downstairs with you?"

"Well Madilyn I was busy doing somethi-"

"Goodnight!" Madilyn interrupted, smiling again as she shut off the light and bundled under the covers.

As Madison looked wondrously around the room, Kayson decided to take her downstairs with him. He placed her in between his lap, placed a blanket over her lower body, then continued to build the bomb. As Madison's infant hand reached by the desk, Kayson quickly moved it and looked down at her.

"Madison, don't touch this!" Kayson scowled in a low tone. "Alright?"

Madison's head bobbled on Kayson's chest as she clenched her gums onto her toy.

"AaaaaaYAAA." Madison squealed.

Madison was an infant and didn't have a clue what Kayson was saying. Still in infancy, she placed her small fingers in her mouth and looked around the room. Kayson sighed and kissed her on her forehead, then went back to building his bomb.

What did him and Isaiah have in common? They both put their children and themselves in danger. When Isaiah was 18, he would ride around in his car with Kayson in between his legs without a seatbelt on. Now 17 himself, Kayson was building a bomb right in front of him and Madison. One trigger and BOOM. They both could be killed.

They both believed in putting their lives in danger to help other family members.

The next day, Isaiah woke Kayson up out of his sleep. It was 8:30am, but he was still asleep because he was up all night making the timed bomb.

"Hm?" Kayson sniffed.

"Kays, do you want to meet your second grandmother?" Isaiah whispered.

Kayson's eyes widened as he lifted up, giving her a shocked look.

"You mean, my grandmother on my mothers side?" Kayson asked. "My biological mother?"

"Yeah."

This woke Kayson right up. He wanted to know more about his mother.