Chapter 18 - Pointless.

I paired by Q's side, looking throughout the home. The first place we looked at, in the living room. Q lifted up the loft areas as I glanced in the small cabinets. Sure the searching was far fetched, but we had no room for error. While Noah glanced around the front bathroom, Isaiah, Stacey, and Asha searched upstairs. One by one, they rummaged and looked throughout each room.

Little did we know, they were sitting under the carpet in a cellar. But glancing at it, we had no clue that they were under there.

"Aye, y'all find any sign of them?" Carlos asked, glancing upstairs as he kept the shotgun on Abel's chest.

"Nah!" Q chanted from upstairs. "We still lookin', though."

Carlos kept the gun on Abel, letting us look for another 10 minutes. At this point, we'd been looking for damn near 35 minutes. We rummaged through every room, looking in all of the places that the kids would be.

However, there was no sign of the kids.

"We ain't find them." Isaiah sighed, stepping into the kitchen. "It ain't no sign that they was even here."

"Alright." Carlos groaned, lowering his gun. "Let's bounce."

"You stupid Americans." Abel growled in Arabic.

"Excuse me?" Noah scowled back.

"Simmer down, nerd boy." Q laughed, glancing at Noah. "You ain't gone do shit."

"HEY! We ain't starting this shit today, alright?" Carlos barked at the two of them. "We 'bout to search for these kids and leave it at that! Cut the bullshit and let's go!"

As we left, we searched one more time around the home before leaving for good. After spending 5 minutes doing so, we boarded our van and left. Afterwards, Abel clicked in on his walkie-talkie and nodded his head.

"Alright." Abel nodded. "The Americans are gone."

Not finding the kids there, we drove back to the city and started posting posters throughout the whole city. While driving, we received 30 calls of sightings of the kids. We looked and went to every sighting, and none of the kids were in sight. The worst part is that some of the kids we went to see looked nothing like Kayson, Lily, or Madilyn. As for Iyana, we were out of luck. She was almost a month old, and she would unrecognizable at this point.

After searching until midnight, we had to call it a night and head back to the hotel.

"Shit....." Isaiah groaned, tossing his gun aside and plopping down onto the couch.

Noah sat beside Isaiah, rubbing his shoulder.

"I know, man." Noah groaned. "I thought we would been find them by now....."

"We ain't gone quit on you, 'Saiah." I chanted as I stood in front of him. "We gone bring your kids back. Promise."

While we talked, Asha sat in her room alone. She glanced down at a picture of Lily, wondering if she would ever see her baby girl again. But with the odds against her, she was starting to lose hope.

"Hey Ash." Q smiled.

"Hey....." Asha mumbled.

Q sat down in front of her, watching her glance down at the bed.

"You alright?"

"No..." Asha sighed.

Asha wiggled her fingers, shaking her head.

"I just want my baby girl back." Asha said in a shaky tone, trying not to cry. "I'm worried that someone is hurting her and that someone might've harmed her. I can barely focus with all of these worries on my mind."