Chapter 34 - The American Dream. [Part 1.]

The next day, Asha was finally able to take a day off. Even though she had tons of interviews and a possible tour coming up, it felt good that she could stay home. So for the day, Asha decided to take the boys to the beach with Q since they never spent a lot of family time together.

"I'm bringing the wrestling action figures!" Austin chanted to his brothers.

"Do you guys have everything in your beach bags?" Asha asked.

"Yes!" Her boys smiled.

"Alright. Go help your daddy put everything in the truck." Asha nodded. "I'll be right out."

As Asha stepped into her back poolhouse, someone placed their hand over her mouth. As she kicked and tried to yell, they tugged her into her closed bar and held her in place.

"Shhhh!"

"Mmmhm!" Asha yelled in her muffled voice. "Mmfm!"

When Asha turned around, she knew exactly who it was. Noah.

"How the hell did you find my hou-"

"Shhh!" Noah whispered loudly. "Be quiet and listen to me for a second!"

As the smell of old alcohol lingered into Asha's nose, she sighed and combed her fingers through her hair.

"I saw Lily." Noah plead.

"What?"

"Lily! She was there, I swear!" Noah continued, looking crazed. "Yesterday when I was loitering around the strip, I saw her holding out a cup to people so that they could give her some money."

Asha gave him a weird look, scrunching her eyebrows at him.

"Are you drunk, Noah?" Asha asked.

"What? No! I'm sober!" Noah growled lowly. "And I know EXACTLY what I saw! I saw Lily!"

"Lily is DEAD, Noah! She's not here anymore!" Asha growled back. "This drinking you're doing has to go, because it has you thinking like a mad man right now!"

"I'm not acting like a mad man, Asha! I know what I saw and I saw her right on the strip!" Noah plead. "She had the same birthmark on her upper arm, curly hair like yours but silky like mine, and the same mole!"

Asha shook her head, pointing at her door.

"Out of my house, Noah." Asha demanded. "I have to spend some time with my boys today and I'm not going to let you ruin it."

Noah grilled her, placing his hands up and stepping back.

"Fine. Fine!" Noah nodded as he walked out. "You'll regret that you didn't listen to me. You will!"

But who in their right mind would believe a drunk who was always having these crazy hallucinations about his daughter? After all, that's how he became a drunk anyway.

As for Isaiah, he was scared shitless.

It'd been a week since Stephanie disappeared, and he hasn't seen her since. He told the kids that she was on a business trip so that they wouldn't be worrying about it like he was. He didn't want to file a police report either because he knew that he would be the first one on the suspect list based on his background. But at this point, he didn't care. He grabbed a phone, preparing to dial 911 when someone popped out of his bathroom.

Tyler.

"Holy shit!" Isaiah jumped, gasping out loud.

He placed his hand on his chest, breathing heavily as Tyler popped out in front of him. On her arms, were self inflicted cuts.