Chapter 33 - Messenger Boy.

"What?" Lily said in a confused tone.

"Is your name Lily?" Brenda asked.

"Yes?"

"Are you Noah's daughter?" Brenda asked again. "Noah is my half brother."

"My fathers name is Abel." Lily laughed.

Brenda covered her face in embarrassment, laughing as she got up from the table.

"Shit. My fault." Brenda laughed as she walked off. "My niece is dead. Heh."

Of course Lily had no clue about Noah. She hadn't seen him since she was 3. And why Brenda was asking about Lily if she was "dead", I'm not sure. But Brenda was smart. She eyed Lily by her features, even though she was only 13.

The next day, Kayson arrived home from school to prepare and do yard work. At this point, he didn't want to talk to anyone. Finding out his biological mother was American was one thing, but finding out that Abel could've possibly fathered the three children with different women was another. While he cleaned up, he saw Iyana walk in the front door 10 minutes later.

"Hey Iyana, you wanna make-"

When Kayson laid eyes on Iyana's face, it was obvious that she'd been into a fight. Her left cheek was swollen, the corner of her mouth has dried up blood trickled out of the corner, and she had dark bruises under her eyes. Kayson's eyes widened as he rushed up to Iyana, giving her a serious look.

"What happened, Iyana!?" Kayson asked in a loud tone, rushing up to her.

Iyana closed her eyes, chattering her jaw and trying her hardest not to cry.

"I........" Iyana stuttered as tears fell down her eyes. "Nothing."

"Iyana, tell me what happened!" Kayson snapped. "Ain't no way that this isn't nothing. Look at yourself!"

Iyana sniffed and wiped her eyes, looking down.

"They don't like me..." Iyana mumbled.

"What do you mean, Iyana?"

Iyana paused again, wiping her flooded eyes.

"The girls that pick on me live down by the barnyard." Iyana sniffed. "They......they beat me up when I told them I could possibly be American."

Kayson shook his head, gripping onto her shoulders.

"Iyana, you don't EVER mention anything like that to anyone around here!" Kayson snapped. "Do you know how these people feel about Americans? How WE feel about Americans?"

Iyana didn't say anything. Kayson quickly got up, grabbing her hand and walking out of the front door.

"Come on." Kayson chanted, storming off as Iyana stumbled behind him.

"Where are we going?" Iyana asked.

"You're about to take me to the group of little girls who were picking on you right now."

"Not now, Kays!"

"Don't 'Not now, Kays!' me, Iyana! I'm not about to let a group of girls fuck with you!" Kayson barked. "Now where are they?"

Iyana stood there, pointing to a group of 10 and 11 year old girls who were standing in the front yard of someone's home in the large valley. Kayson stormed over there with Iyana's hand on his grip, walking 2 minutes over and diagonal from his own home. He stepped inside of the barn area, where the girls were playing with their fishing rods inside of the pool that was in the back of the home.