Chapter 24 - Fangirl!

As Lily and Iyana came down to cook dinner, Kayson did his daily jog around the large farm. Doing this for 10 years nonstop, he was able to do it without stopping for a drink. It built his stamina up a lot more, so it was easy for him to take a hold of that. With his fathers revolver, he shot down three of the pigs at the farm and started to harvest their insides, preparing their meat and bacon to go along side with the Broccoli Alfredo pasta that the girls were making. After all the oranges were hand squeezed to make the large pitchers of juice and the Alfredo pasta got finished 45 minutes later, everyone sat down to have dinner.

But before dinner, they grabbed each other's hands and bowed their heads, closing their eyes as Abel said a prayer over their meals. As everyone started eating, Kayson smiled at Abel and pulled out a small stack of papers.

"Guess what, Dad?" Kayson smiled as he took a bite of his food, placing the paper next to him. "I've got you something."

Abel took the 6 packets of papers, glancing at the grades that were on top. The scores read: 98%. 98%. 100%. 100%. 110%. 95%.

"Those are my final exam scores." Kayson nodded. "The report cards should be coming in the mail within the next two days."

"And you aced all of your quizzes?" Abel asked in a surprised tone.

"You know it."

Abel smiled at Kayson as he stood up, placing the packets under the magnets of the refrigerator.

"For your grades, you don't have to do any farming tomorrow." Abel smiled. "And since it's Friday, you can invite over two of those boys you always hang out with."

"YES!" Kayson whispered loudly, placing his fists in the air.

Abel smiled and glanced over at Lily and Iyana, giving them a blank stare.

"Lily, how's your grades?" Abel asked.

Lily chewed on her pasta, glancing down at the table.

"I have three B's and three C's." Lily mumbled.

"Excuse me?"

"My apologies for not being perfect like little miss Kayson over there." Lily groaned.

Abel banged on the table, startling all three of the kids as they glanced up at him in a shocked form.

"B's and C's are NOT acceptable in this household, Lily." Abel barked in a low and enraged tone. "You're not a damn failure, do you hear me?"

"It's hard to juggle school, cheerleading, tests, then having to come home and clean every room in the house, cook, study, shower, and look after Iyana as well! I've been doing it since she was an infant!" Lily whined in an agitated tone. "Classes aren't easy to keep up wi-"

"Kayson studies, goes to school, comes home to box for 15 minutes, runs around the whole damn valley, does farming for 2 hours, cleans the grown in fruits along with the farmhouse for 40 minutes, comes inside to study for an hour, showers, goes to bed, then does the same damn thing everyday! In fact, he does more than you!" Abel scowled. "Do you really think that I'm going to take that lousy excuse, Lily? Push yourself harder!"

Lily was pissed. As she played around with her food, Abel shook his head and glanced down at his plate.

"No TV for you until I get your report card." Abel groaned.

"But that's at least another month!" Lily whined.

"I don't care how long it takes, Lily!" Abel demanded. "I want an A and B report card before you watch anymore TV!"