Chapter 10 - "You down to Ride?"

Noah scrunched his eyebrows, walking towards the window of the room.

"Ex.........excuse me?"

"She was found deceptive in the most crucial questions." Detective Howard sighed. "This doesn't make her the criminal, but this is the first step to suspicion."

Noah's eyes widened in disbelief. He didn't want to think this. He didn't want Aunt Shay to have anything to do with it, but as of now, it seem like she was.

"I have to get back to helping a patient." Noah sighed.

As Noah hung up the phone, detective Howard and Blandy went over the lie detector results. It listed that Aunt Shay was lying on the whole entire thing. Detective Howard shook his head, standing up and heading into the interview room.

"Let's go." He growled. "Right now."

Detective Howard stormed into the interview room, startling Aunt Shay as she sat in her seat.

"We have your results, Mrs. Steels."

"And what did I get?"

"You got every single question WRONG on that quiz, Mrs. Steels!" Detective Howard snapped.

Aunt Shay's eyes widened as she lifted up and started shaking her head.

"No. That's not true..." Aunt Shay murmured. "That's not true!"

"We asked you did you have anything to do with the murder, you lied on that one! We asked you did you have any knowledge of the murder, you said no and lied!" Detective Howard growled, not letting up. "What happened to those damn kids, Mrs. Steels?!"

"I don't know what happened to my grandbabies!" Aunt Shay barked, standing up in Detective Howard's face as her eyes welled with tears. "How many times do I have to tell you this!?"

Detective Blandy nodded his head, standing up by the interview room door and opening it.

"You're free to go, Mrs. Steels."

As Aunt Shay prepared to walk out, Detective Blandy had one more thing to say.

"But let me give you on last message, Mrs. Steels." Detective Blandy growled. "We're VERY good at sniffing out suspects, so don't think that since we're letting you out, you're off the hook. If you did have something to do with this, we WILL find out."

"If you were very good at sniffing out suspects, you wouldn't be interviewing me for the 50th time." Aunt Shay growled before walking off. "You both need to work on your job a little better."

Damn. Haha. I love Aunt Shay. Isaiah and Noah didn't get their smart mouths from nowhere. When she stood for something, she stood for it. She didn't care who she was standing up to or for. If she believed in you or something, she had your back 100%.

Aunt Shay was the true definition of a strong black woman.

The next day, Isaiah clocked in and headed to the soup kitchen to start feeding the homeless. People at his job were pretty shocked that he was coming into work with a positive and bright attitude, despite the fact that he lost his children. I'll tell you one thing, if it was the Isaiah from 5 years ago, he would've been shooting up half of Schaefer. As Isaiah made a bowl of soup for a customer, Debra came in with the phone to the place.

"Isaiah, telephone!" Debra chanted.

"Alright."

Isaiah wiped his hands off on a napkin and walked into the back of the kitchen, answering the phone.

"Yo?"

"Mama failed the lie detector test, Isaiah." Noah growled.

Isaiah's eyes widened as he glanced out at the lunchroom, then covered one of his ears.