Chapter 44 - $$$.

Kayson thought about the last time he was ever in America. He was 5 at the time, so his memories were vague. The only thing he could remember was being at Aunt Shay's and playing with two little kids, whom were Madilyn and Lily. Unfortunately, he couldn't remember who they were even though they were the people he was closest to. The woman at the home was nobody else but Aunt Shay. The many things he thought about were the times where Aunt Shay would make her hot and heartwarming chicken curry with white rice, had his favorite cartoons DVR'd for him, and his favorite toys were always littered in Isaiah's old room for him to play with.

This was the woman he once called, 'Grandma'.

"Grandma?" Kayson whispered lowly.

"Yeah." Aunt Shay smiled. "That's me."

Shocked, Kayson sat down in the lobby of the apartment, listening to her.

"Hi?" Kayson said in a nervous tone. "I remember you a little."

"Even though you don't remember me that much Kayson, I'm your biological grandmother." Aunt Shay cheered in a low tone. "I'm the mother of your father, Isaiah."

Isaiah. The name from the internet. Kayson sat up, staring blankly at the benches.

"Um...." Kayson chuckled nervously. "That's uh.....great?"

"Listen Kays, I was wondering if you could give me the location to your address." Aunt Shay asked. "I would like to come and see you."

"I'm sorry but I can't do that." Kayson said, shaking his head. "I don't want anything to happen to my father. My adoptive father."

"Well, could you come see me someday?" Aunt Shay asked. "I know that it's a heavy burden to ask but, you and Iyana's biological family missed you very much. They haven't seen you since you were a young boy when you were kidnapped."

Kayson knew that Abel took him and Lily out of America, but he had no clue that they all were kidnapped. Kayson scrunched his eyebrows, scratching his head.

"I'll come see you guys when the time is right." Kayson nodded. "I can't do it right now because of school and stuff."

"Alright well uh, I'll talk to you later then." Aunt Shay said lowly. "I love you."

Kayson smiled, thinking about the grandmother who always kept him company when he was younger.

"I love you too, grandma."

And Aunt Shay was doing something smart that we all never thought of. She was making him comfortable. Not only that, but she was being herself and making Kayson feel that it was alright to see her, rather than threatening and harassing Kayson the whole time.

That's the step that we should've taken.

Meanwhile at the apartment, the "baby" talk that Madilyn had with Kayson was still fresh on her mind. Looking from my point of view, I honestly thought that they were too young and vulnerable. But looking from their religion point of view, I thought that this was a great idea. They're at the age where most people had children, so Madilyn took a step ahead of Kayson and started preparing. The first thing she did, was looked at the guidelines to see what and where to start. Of course, she needed a job. Living off of Stan wasn't in her plan, so she decided to look in the baby book that Stan purchased for her.

Some of the main steps that were listed said:

family medical history - an assessment of the maternal and paternal medical history - to determine if any family member has had any medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and/or mental retardation.