Chapter 25 - "Sing it, Mama!"

The second Abel got home, Lily ran downstairs and rushed right up to Abel.

"Dad! Dad!" Lily panted. "Dad!"

"Yes?"

"One of my favorite singers is coming to Saudi Arabia and she never comes. Can I please go?" Lily plead. "PLEASE?"

"Have you gotten your report card?" Abel asked.

"No, but-"

"Then the answer is no, Lily." Abel said.

"Come on, dad!" Lily groaned. "They don't eve-"

"I said that the answer is no, Lily!" Abel growled. "Now start cleaning the damn kitchen and folding your clothes!"

Lily was pissed. She had no choice but to ask her father if she could go because he had the money. But being at the peak of rebellion, this wasn't going to stop her from going.

The next day was a Saturday, but this didn't exclude the kids from working. They still were responsible for farming, cleaning, and the whole list of chores that they were doing. Kayson decided to do his daily jog and study during the beginning of the day so that he could spend the rest of the day lounging around. Once he got finished around 3pm, Madilyn already agreed that she would come over again during this time, so she was arriving a little later.

It would be the first time that she saw Abel since Fabrizio took her away.

*Ding dong!*

When Kayson opened the door, Madilyn was standing next to her father. When Abel saw another man of his race, he automatically paid his respects to him.

"Hi, I'm Abel." Abel nodded, shaking Madilyn's adoptive fathers hand.

"I'm Carl." Her father nodded back. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too."

"Oh, if you make dinner or any type of food, make sure that she doesn't eat a lot. Not more than 10 bites." Carl growled. "I don't want her getting fat."

"Uh, sure?" Abel chuckled.

"I'll be here to pick you back up in 2 hours, Madilyn." Carl said. "Don't forget what I told you."

"Alright, Dad..." Madilyn groaned.

As Kayson shut the door, Abel grinned a little at Madilyn as he grabbed his wooden basket filled with oranges and apples.

"So Madilyn, has your father chose who you're going to marry yet?" Abel winked.

"No but he's been searching like crazy." Madilyn scowled in a low tone. "I chose this boy at my school who came around, but my father said that he doesn't like him. He has to pick so, yeah..."

"Well us fathers won't make a bad choice. Women are the weaker sources, which is why we want to pick the right and strong men for you." Abel nodded. "We do it out of love, which is what I'm planning on doing for Lily by the summer."

Abel ran water through all of the oranges, then glanced back at Kayson.

"Well Kays, I'm gonna go. You harvest those vegetables so that Lily and Iyana can make you guys lunch." Abel nodded as he turned to him. "On Monday, we're going to continue looking for your wife. Alright?"

"Alright, Dad." Kayson waved. "I'll see you later."

As Abel left the home, Kayson placed his hands into his overall pockets and turned to Madilyn. Working on the farm, Kayson wore country overalls so that he wouldn't destroy his good clothes. Before he could speak, he heard Madilyn's stomach growling loudly.