Chapter Twenty One - Head Over Heals

Rosie's P.O.V

This was taking forever.

To be honest, my nose doesn't even hurt any more.

I really don't think it's broken.

Sighing, I put my face in my hands and closed my eyes.

I was so bored it wasn't even funny.

Josh was to my right, while Mom was to my left.

We were in the waiting area, since we didn't have an appointment we were going to have to wait forever.

Mom was happily occupied, reading through a wedding dress magazine, whilst Josh had his earphones in.

Was there much point in even bringing him?

''Rosie, look.'' Mom said, pointing to a dress in her magazine.

I stared at it blankly for a second, before giving her a questioning look.

She rolled her eyes. ''Isn't it a lovely dress? I can't wait 'till we're organising your wedding!'' she chirped excitedly.

''Mom!'' I exclaimed.

Was she serious? I'm seventeen, and have only in the last few days accepted the idea of a boyfriend, never mind a HUSBAND.

''Come on sweetheart, it's a very exciting thing.'' she said.

I rolled my eyes.

''Mom, I'm seventeen.'' I said.

''I was seventeen when your Father proposed.'' she said, an evil smirk on her face.

''Yeah, you knew Daddy your whole life!'' I exclaimed, exasperated.

Was she really suggesting what I thought she was?

She just gave me one of her smiles, winking and giving me a pointed look in Josh's direction.

''You never know.'' she sang.

Oh lord.

We had already been here an hour and a half, and were probably going to be here a few more.

Changing the subject, I spoke.

''Does Daddy know we're here?''

''No sweety, I didn't want to worry him at work.'' she said, flicking though another page of her magazine.