Protector

For embooker32

Emma's P.O.V.

"Okay. Emma you have lead us this far and I trust you with this play, we are one point behind and we can win this game. You got this." coach said after telling us what play to execute. It was the semi-finals for the SEC conference and me and the Kentucky Wildcats have done some tremendous things this season. Being the captain and all it was my duty to bring the team another championship.

"What team?!" my co-captain Summer screamed in the huddle.

"Wildcats!"
"What team?!"
"Wildcats!"
"What team?!"
"Wildcats"
"Wildcats"
"Get your head in the game." with that we ran unto the court with energy. Looking into the stands I saw my long time boyfriend Devin Booker in the stands cheering us on. He sent a wink my way as I positioned myself on the court.

As the ball was inbound by my teamates, it was passed to our co-captain as she drove into the paint. Using her Ben Simmons/Magic Johnson-like passing skills, she threw the ball to me which was on the three point line. As I was about to shoot the ball, a defender from the other team kicked my left leg as a jumped.

I fell.
No whistle was called.
Shot was missed.
Buzzer went off.
Game and season was over.

On the floor disappointed by the play, I felt a sharp pain by my ankle causing me to scream out. Paremedics and the team quickly ran to my side as I heard two familiar voices.

"Yo ref. What the hell is wrong with you. You see my captain on the floor and you did not call the foul. And do not come to me with your flopping theory. If she flopped she wouldn't be in pained right now. So fuck you. Fuck the SEC and fuck the NCCA. I don't care fine me. I'm done anyways" Summer yelled at the refs. Oh that's my fireball.

"Excuse me Excuse me. What do you mean I can't come near her? That is my girlfriend now let me be with her through this okay." I heard Devin's deep voice as he walked through the crowd. He stood next to me as he whipped the tears from my eyes.

"Everything is going to be alright baby girl. I just wish I could've protected you then and there." he whispered to me.

It has been two weeks since my injury and Devin has not left my sidel and when he would have to go class or practice he would make sure either Summer or the guys were with me making sure I do not harm the rehabilitation process.

I am finally on the crutches and allowed to go to class but Dev is everywhere I go.

"Baby. I love you dearly but why are you always with me." I said sitting down on a bench in the court yard.

"I don't want to see you in that much pain ever again. It is my duty to protect you Emma and I'm just doing my job." He said looking into my eyes. I am so thankful to have him in my life.

"Woow. She really got you under that voodoo spell indeed. After an injury and you still with the bitch that made us lost." the hoe Alex said as she stood up infront of us ruining my moment.

"Excuse me. I hope you know who you are talking to. I will never be disrespected in such manner. Especially from a hoe like you." I said about to stand up.

"Baby she is not worth it. Please not now." Dev said holding me. Alex had this stank look on her face and I just wanted to smack it off.

"Bitch you couldn't do anything with two legs and what you going to do now hopidy hop on top of me or some shit. Pathetic." she said laughing.

"Two legs or one. I still can cut a bitch now try me. Try me." I said before Devin pulled me back down to the bench.

"Weak ass bitch can't do shit"

"Okay. This is enough" Devin's deep voice boomed which startled both of us. "You disrespect my girlfriend, you disrespect me and visa versa. Now I am a gentleman and do not hit girls, but if you keep harassing my girl, I know a couple females that love to pull hair and scratch. Be careful because your tracks are already showing with your twenty dollar set." he said with a deadly glare. He put out his hand for me to get up and we walked away from a stunned Alex.

"So what happened over there, does that fall under the protector position?" I asked breaking the silence on the walk towards the apartments. He laughed and shook his head.

"I guess so. Because eventhough I know you would damage her, that ankle needs to heel properly" he said before picking me up bridal style as I grabbed unto my crutches.

"Really Dev." I playfully hit him in his chest. "Warning next time please."

"I'm sorry baby. But the protector has to turn into the punisher because somebody wanted to act up in public and you walk to slow." he said kissing me before running towards my room causing me to laugh. This was going to be a long night.

_._

It is kinda short but I hope you enjoyed it Emma. 😊💜

I AM FINALLY BACK ON THIS THING GUYS. It has been a busy and long two weeks helping out with band camp and such but I'm here. 😊💃💃💃.

Remeber you can always request on the first chapter.. The requirements and such are there.

Enjoy the rest of your day guys 💜

Until Next Time
One Love
Agape. 💜