I'm scared to actually have to face them every day.

June 9, 2000  

It's 3:30pm. I just got home from school, and in 15 minutes I'm going to get my hair done for the semi. I'm SO excited about it! Today was high school orientation day, and the 8th grade went up to visit the high school. From what I saw, it seemed much more laid back than the middle school.  

I'm looking forward to going there next year, but I'm also kind of scared. The sophomores, juniors, and seniors will just be so HUGE! And I'll feel like a loser freshman. So many of them already know me as a slut, and I'm scared to actually have to face them every day.  

Anyway, Steven and I were hanging out all day. He's just so cool to be with! I feel like he's my great friend along with my boyfriend. All the upperclassmen at the high school know him because of his older brothers, and they were like, "Hey, Steven, SHE is your girlfriend?" He didn't care. I felt like he was proud of me, and I liked that feeling. [It seems so strange that the high school students knew about my reputation and, apparently, cared about it. That didn't last for long, though.]  

Then after school today, I gave him a hug and he said, "I'll see you at 7:30." I said, "Don't forget to tell me how beautiful I look!" and we both laughed. He said, "I won't, don't worry. You always look beautiful." The things he says [the things I told him to say] just make me want to cry, he's so adorable! I gave him another hug and said, "I love you to pieces!" And he gave me a kiss on the cheek.  

Oooh! I can't wait for tonight! But now I gotta go get my hair done.