"People give me shit about what you did with Zach."

July 13, 1998

Today is Monday. I got back from a family trip on Friday and I called Nathan first thing. His mother said that she was on the other line and that he would call me back.

Well, it's Monday afternoon and he still hasn't called me back. Maybe I should just call him. I'm really worried.

Later that same day:

Okay, I called Nathan. But his mother answered and said he was at the club with Daniel, but that she would leave him a note telling him to call me. And he did call me.

We talked on the phone for about a half hour, and then he said he was going to go outside and burn ants with Daniel, but that he would call me back in about 15 minutes. [Is that all the time it takes to burn ants?]

He did call me back! We talked for about another 15 minutes. [Not about ant burning, I hope.] He said, "You know what sucks?" I said, "What?" He said, "That I can't go anywhere with you." "Why not?" "Because people give me shit about what you did with Zach."

I said, "I know. They should really get over it." He agreed. Then he said he had to go but that he'd call me back. Well, guess what. That was at about 5pm, and now it's 9:22 and he still hasn't called back. I really don't know what's up with him. I love him so much - I'm not going to give him up that easily.