I was just smashed up against him and I couldn't breathe.

May 16, 1999

Last night was Saturday, and we had a surprise birthday party for Shauna at Stacy's house. It wasn't really a surprise because she helped plan it, but only Stacy and I knew that. I had an outdoor disposable camera, so we went outside to use it before it got too dark.

All the girls were posed for a picture and James was ready to take it, but then Louis ran by and dumped a pail of water on us! We were soaked and extremely pissed off. We ran inside, grabbed two paper cups each, filled them to the brim at the kitchen sink, and ran outside to dump them on Louis.

Then Louis came up behind me and grabbed me around the waist. I screamed and kicked my legs in the air, but he lifted me off the ground and turned me toward Daniel, who had grabbed the hose. Daniel unmercifully sprayed the hose at my face, drenching both me and Louis. When Louis let me down, my T-shirt was sticking to my body and Daniel yelled out, "Everyone, you can see Emily's nipples! Look!" I ran inside before anyone could see and changed into some of Stacy's dry clothes.

When I got back downstairs, almost everyone was in Stacy's family room, watching Fear. [Classic Marky Mark Wahlberg.]

I sat down next to Stacy. Everyone was like, "Emily, go sit next to Mark," who was sitting in a love seat across the room. But Mark got up, grabbed my hands, and led me back across the room to the love seat, where he put his arm around my shoulders and sat very close to me.

Daniel sat in a chair right next to us and said, "You guys should make out." I nodded but said, "Not right now. I have a cough drop in my mouth." Daniel put out his hand and said, "I'll hold it while you two kiss." [Daniel was always such a good helper.] But before I could give it to him, everyone decided they wanted to go outside.

There is a lake across the street from Stacy's house, and most of it is surrounded by trees, but there are three steps down to this little beach. We were walking across the street and Mark and I had our arms around each other. Daniel came up and put his arm around me from the other side and was like, "Let's have a threesome!" We were like, "Yeah!" so we went down to the beach together, and then Mark said, "All right, Daniel, get lost." [Daniel was really committed to pursuing a threesome.]

Daniel turned to me and asked, "Can I kiss you?" I shook my head. Daniel made a pouty face and so I said, "On the cheek, you may." And he leaned over and touched his lips to my cheek. Scott then randomly popped up and said, "I want to kiss Emily, too!" I rolled my eyes but let him kiss my cheek, which he did, but not as gently as Daniel had.

Then Mark was like, "All right, now get lost!" And they ran back up to the street to join the rest of the party. Mark and I started making out. We made out for about five minutes. Every once in a while, someone up on the street would say something funny and we would stop kissing to laugh, then start again. From what I could hear, it sounded like the people up on the street were playing Truth or Dare.

I pulled away from Mark and said, "I want to go play Truth or Dare. Will you come up with me?" He just looked at me for a minute, and then he put his hands on my lower back and pressed me right up against him. I wasn't really kissing him anymore, I was just smashed up against him and I couldn't breathe. Finally, I said, "Hey! Stop!" and dragged him up to the street.

By the time we got there, Truth or Dare was over and we all just sat around talking. Mark wandered away with a few of the guys and Daniel said to me, "Eat some of my candy necklace so it looks like we're making out." I rolled my eyes, leaned over and bit off one of the pieces of candy, then had another because it was good. [Candy necklaces are good!]

Daniel said, "Can I have a kiss?" I sighed. "Again?! All right, turn your cheek." He did, and I leaned forward, but when my face was just about touching his, he turned back toward me so I would kiss his lips. I jerked back quickly and said, "Daniel! Don't do that!" He smiled. "Okay, I'm sorry." And he turned his cheek again, and again I leaned forward to kiss it, and again he turned his face at the last minute. [Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... actually, let's not shame each other.]

I pulled back without kissing him, just as Mark possessively wrapped his arm around my waist and glared at Daniel. Daniel grinned. "Mark," he said, "I'm stealing your girlfriend." Mark said, "Daniel, it was funny at first, but now it's just getting kind of creepy." [Agreed.]