"How are you doing?" "Bad. You just broke up with me."

March 4, 2000

Yesterday, Tyler and I broke up. Technically, he dumped me, and that's what I was feeling last night, but now that I've been thinking about it more I like to say "we broke up." Kaylee likes him, so I'm pretty sure he dumped me for her, which... hurts.

Luckily, I was at Shauna's house with Jenna and Maggie when I found out, so I had their shoulders to cry on. Tyler was with Louis and Steven. After he had broken up with me, I talked to Steven about it and he was being really sympathetic. Louis kind of was, too. He said I didn't have to talk to Tyler about it if I didn't want to - I hadn't actually heard it from Tyler yet. He had James call me, which James said he hated doing, and I cried to him for about a half hour.

I decided that I did want to talk to Tyler about it, because it wasn't fair that he could just dump me without an explanation. He got on the phone and said, "Hey." "Hi." I was trying really hard not to cry. "How are you doing?" He asked. "Bad," I answered, "You just broke up with me." He said, "Well, it wasn't something you did, I just kind of changed." It sounded rehearsed. "But why was it so random?" He said, "Well, it wasn't really random. I've been thinking about it for a while. We just weren't getting along after what happened at Catherine's party." He meant when we hooked up in the storage room.

At the time, I had to get off the phone with him because I was going to cry. James said, "He told me that you two just sort of grew apart." Now that I have been thinking about it all last night and today, I guess he's right. We were always getting annoyed with each other and our relationship was kind of falling apart. I just don't get it. [Actually, I still don't get it.]