They got sick of her poser-slut act, and now it's just annoying.

September 26, 1999

Wow, I haven't written in 20 days! Well, I've been busy. Here's what's happened so far, in the first month of school:

Stacy got it into her head that since she was a slut at camp, she should be a slut at home, too. But she is just about as far from a slut as you can get. She just has a prude-ish air about her. I guess if you try really hard, though, no reputation is unachievable, especially a slutty one. [Anything is possible if you put your mind to it, I guess.] She started wearing halter tops to school without a bra and spreading the word that she would hook up with any and every guy who wanted to.

Having sense, I have realized that if I do hook up with all the guys who want to, they will get sick of me within a week or so and then I will be forgotten, a past phase. Stacy, however, came to no such realization. She literally threw herself at Jacob [Literally threw herself? Ow!]. She told all his friends that she wanted to hook up with him, so they obviously told him.

About a week ago, I was talking with Jacob about it. I asked him, "Do you like Stacy?" He shook his head. "Not as anything more than a friend." "Yet you say you would hook up with her..." I wasn't understanding. He said, "Well, yeah. Emily, I'm a 13-year-old boy, with a girl throwing herself at me [again, ow!] What do you want me to do?" I, of course, told Stacy about this conversation, hoping it would convince her not to hook up with him. But she giggled, "So, he'll hook up with me?"

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but if I found out the guy I liked was only using me to get some, I would be quite pissed off. And the last thing I would do would be to hook up with him! But Stacy actually liked it. It was so frustrating! She just wouldn't listen to me. She thinks being a slut is glamorous. She said she wants a new Stacy, that she's sick of being a nobody. She even said to me, "I'd rather be known as a slut than not known at all."

Well. On Tuesday (today is Sunday, so five days ago), Stacy, James, Jacob, Tyler, Daniel and I went to the cemetery after school. You have to climb a steep slope to get there, and then there's a field between the Dunkin' Donuts parking lot and the cemetery. There is also a pile of empty Coolatta containers. [All those Coolattas!]

Daniel picked up a branch that looked like antlers and yelled, "I am a horny reindeer! Emily, I'm going to rape you with my antlers!" and he proceeded to chase me around the cemetery until he got tired of holding up the branch over his head.

Stacy and some of the boys left to get Coolattas so I grilled Jacob. He told me that he didn't want to hook up with Stacy for these reasons: 1) he didn't want to hurt her reputation, 2) he didn't want her to think that he liked her, and 3) he didn't want everyone else to think that he liked her. Okay, so that was okay. But when Stacy got back, James said, "Jacob, I dare you to go into the woods with Stacy." And he looked at Jacob and raised his eyebrows. Jacob glared at him, but Stacy was already on her feet. And he couldn't very well turn down a dare. [Heaven forbid he turn down a dare.]

So they left to go into the woods. Then, Emma and Kaylee walked by. They stopped to chat and we told them where Stacy and Jacob were. They immediately set off to sabotage the hook-up because they said Stacy was not popular enough to hook up with Jacob. The rest of us followed behind. When we found them, they were standing awkwardly, and Stacy later informed me that they only made out.

But that was enough to ruin their friendship. Jacob no longer talks to Stacy, and James always tells me how annoying he thinks she is. They don't mean to be cruel, but it's just natural - they got sick of her poser-slut act, and now it's just annoying. I told her it would happen. [How disturbing that I removed all the blame from the boys, even using the word "natural" to describe what happened.]