Hump 'em and Dump 'em!

March 10, 1998

So Zach hates me. Just great. I’m starting to hate him, too, mostly because he is so confusing. We’re still going out, technically, I guess.

In gym, Maggie ran up to me and said, “You’re still going out with Zach, you know. He still likes you.” I sighed. “Tell him… that I said he can eat shit.” She was like, “Cool!” and she told him.

After lunch, Matt came up to me, being nice, saying, “Zach is going to dump you.” [Maybe it was the “eat shit” thing, but that’s just a guess.] I mean, it was nice of him to tell me, so I can dump Zach first.

Zach walked by looking at me, and I glared at him. Matt said loudly, “Zach has this philosophy in life: hump ’em and dump ’em!” I held up my hand, as if I was going to smack Zach, but he said, “If you hit me, I’ll get Amanda Collins to kick your ass.” So I put down my hand and walked away.

Aaron hates Jenna now, and he has a crush on Lisa. [Oh, that Aaron!]

Zach and I have this hate thing going on, like trying to make the other person jealous and stuff. For instance, Zach saw me watching him from Jenna’s locker, so he started flirting with Amanda Collins!

In study hall, Zach came in to do some homework or something, and he sat behind me. I got up and walked over to where Nathan and Tyler were sitting and asked Tyler to borrow his homework so I could copy it. He gave it to me, and I saw Zach glaring at me as I walked back to my desk.

Two seconds later, a wadded up piece of paper whizzed by my head. I turned around and whispered, “You immature bastard!” He hissed back, “You’re an immature bitch!

I whispered back, “I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing in study hall! You’re flicking fucking spit balls at my head!” “Oh yeah, doing what you’re supposed to be doing – copying from Tyler!” [Well, points to Zach for throwing spit balls in the name of academic integrity.]

Even though I pretend to hate him, I have this place in my heart that’s empty, now that the stupid asshole is gone. I miss him.