Episode 46 - Accept me

Every single day, L.Joe would wait for her outside, leaning against the tree. She would be able to tell because she always made a habit to look outside her window to rest her eyes. She never knew that he would wait everyday for her to accept him back. Even the drizzled rain would not affect him. When L.Joe looked up, she quickly hid beside the window and gave a sigh of relief.

One day, it rained heavily. She thought that L.Joe must have gone home due to the heavy rain. However, she felt curious and gave a quick glance outside her window and looked down. She widened her eyes in disbelief and saw that he was still standing there. Mayumi then looked away and turned around while muttering to herself,"Didn't he have anything to do other than waiting outside the gate?"

After that, she looked outside her window again and felt guilty of leaving him drenched. She bit her bottom lip and tapped her tip of her foot. She procastinated and finally decided to go down to bring him to her apartment. She took her umbrella from her closet and hurriedly down.

Once she set foot outside, it was a heavy downpour. She still saw him not far from she stood. She walked over slowly and shared her umbrella with him. L.Joe looked up and his lips curved a small smile.

"...Ma...yu..mi...," L.Joe muttered.

"Why don't you just go home? You're going to get sick afterwards..," Mayumi said with concern.

Before he could answer, L.Joe felt dizzy and she noticed that he was about to faint. Fortunately, she was able to grab hold of him and said in panic,"B..Byunghyun shii, gwenchana?"

L.Joe lifted his eyes a little and muttered softly,"I..'m glad..you're still concern about...me.."

After that, he blacked out. Mayumi tried to wake him up but he still passed out. She decided to bring to her apartment and get him treated. Since she had not enough money to go to the doctor to treat him, she planned to do whatever she can to make him feel better.

She brought to her small bed and placed her hand on his forehead.

"...Oh no..high fever...," She looked at him worriedly.

She took off his drenched clothes couragerously and hurriedly put on a warm and dry clothes. Then, she dried his hair and took his temperature. Mayumi put a cooling pad on his forehead so as to reduce his fever. Just then, his phone vibrated and the message was from CAP.

"Yo L.Joe ah. Where are you? We have to practice our dance routine for the concert for next week," CAP texted.

Mayumi did not know what to answer for him and hesitated to reply,"CAP hyung, I shall not be able to come for a few days. I have something to need to settle first."

She hit the reply button and a message was quickly returned, saying,"Are you still planning to thaw outside her apartment again?"

When she read that, she raised both eyebrows and thought *So he knew what he was doing all this while..?*

Then another message came in again,"By the way, you don't have to worry about the reporters anymore. Me and our manager have handled them. A few days ago, our manager caught a reporter taking a secret photos of you and Mayumi shii. He was being detained for breaching our contract. Don't worry. Whatever we are doing now, is legal and they won't be able to harm you, Mayumi and her family again. I know how much she meant to you. Do whatever it takes to win her back and you know you have our support. So now, what you have to do, is to reassure her as everything had been taken care of."

Once she read the long text, she curved a reassuring smile and turned towards L.Joe who was still resting. She returned his phone and put it beside the pillow. She sat gently beside him and felt his hot forehead. She was about to change the cooling pad when a weak hand grabbed her wrist.

"...Ma..yu...mi..," L.Joe muttered weakly.

Mayumi gave a small smile and got up from her seat to change the cooling pad. She returned to his side and placed a new one on his forehead. When it was almost her sleeping time, she laid out a futon and slept on the floor. L.Joe woke up in the middle of the night and slowly sat up. Feeling giddy, he went to look around for Mayumi and when he looked down, he saw her sleeping soundly on the cold floor.

=========

The next morning, Mayumi woke up; stretching her arms and legs. She opened her eyes slowly and saw a pair of eyes staring at her with a smile.

"Good morning~♡," L.Joe greeted her with his sweet husky voice.

She widened her eyes as soon as she saw him and jolted out from the bed.

"..How did I get there?" She panicked.

L.Joe shrugged playfully and continued to lie down.

*Did..Did..something happened yesterday night?!* She thought.

"You sleeptalked yesterday," L.Joe teased.

Mayumi panicked again and tried to remember what was she sleeptalked. L.Joe slowly got up from the bed and stood in front of her. He leaned forward to her and whispered in a soft tone,"You still like me and I am more than welcome to accept you back."

She raised one of her eyebrows and said,"Wasn't that suppose to be the other way round?"

L.Joe smiled slyly and continued to say in a soft tone,"Caught you~♡."

He pulled her to the bed and he was on top of her.

"..What..What are you doing..?!" Mayumi asked in panic voice.

L.Joe ignored and continued to tease her while leaning closer for a kiss. Without realizing, she pushed him to the side and said with a stop sign,"We are still in high school! We are not suppose to do that!"

L.Joe then chuckled lightly and playfully teased,"So...what you are trying to say is we can do this when we are adults..?"

She looked at him in disbelief and was about to debate more when he laughed out loud.

*..What's wrong with him..? One time he's serious..And the next thing, he is laughing hysterically..Maybe the high fever really damaged his brain..* Mayumi looked at him worriedly.

"Are you sure you had recovered from your fever?" Mayumi asked worriedly.

Without answering her question, L.Joe continued laughing while pointed out,"You should have a look on your face!"

After hearing that, she knew that he was playing around and clenched her fist. She then threw the blanket that she was holding towards him. L.Joe then stopped laughing and noticed she was angry. He quickly thought of something and groaned in pain while touching his head. When she heard that, she rushed to his aid and asked worriedly,"Did the fever came back?"

L.Joe swiftly grabbed her hand from his forehead and sincerely said,"Thank you for taking care of me yesterday."

He then leaned closer to her and kissed her lips gently. He pulled away and smiled earnestly which made her blushed and flattered.