Episode 17 - Confession

Mayumi walked home with cautious. She did not want any of the loansharks to follow her home especially when it was only grandma and Keita at home. She covered her head with the head cover of the sweater.

A little while later, she felt someone was following her. She stopped and slowly looked behind her. The man stopped too and looked elsewhere. She noticed that he was wearing a cap and black sweater which made him looked suspicious. Just then, she remembered one of the news in the television.

=====================

"It has been reported that the molester had not been caught. We suggest that all ladies out there to be careful. We would encourage that you prevent on taking the dark alley alone....." The reported reported.

=====================

Mayumi looked up to the sky which was going to be dark soon. She quickly turned to the front and walked off quickly. She heard the footsteps from behind and she quickened her pace. Then, she heard her name being called out from the other side of the streets.

"YAH!! YOU!! STOP THERE!!" The black man in black suit yelled.

She turned to the side and was stunned to see the loansharks running towards her. She looked behind and saw the suspicious man looking at her with his sunglasses. She had no choice but to just ran ahead. The loansharks ran after her. She just ran and ran whichever the legs lead her. Their footsteps were getting closer. She saw some boxes of apples outside the store and pushed them to them. The loansharks were getting hit and stopped. The owner of the store were in rage and stopped the loansharks. He asked them to pay for them and that delayed in getting Mayumi. Mayumi just ran hard when suddenly someone caught her and pulled her to the dark alley.

He lightly pushed her against the wall and covered her mouth. She looked shocked as it was the suspicious man who followed her. She struggled but he was too firm. He put his finger on his lips to ask her to keep quiet. A few minutes later, she heard shouts outside the dark alley and saw the loansharks running past from where they were. She stopped struggling and kept silent. When there were no one in sight, she turned to face the suspicious man. The suspicious man slowly curved a weird smile which made her looked scared. Her heartbeat began to beat fast and remembered the molester. The man's face leaned closer towards her face and looked into her eyes with his sunglasses still on. She closed her eyes tightly when she felt something plastered on her cheeks. She slowly opened her eyes and saw him put bandage on her injured cheeks.

She wondered why he did that and looked at him curiously. After he was done, he smiled towards her and she touched the bandage that had been put on.

"There. It will heal in a few days," He said.

*That voice..He sounded familiar..* Mayumi thought.

The man put away his sunglasses and she widened her eyes in shock.

"Byunghyun shii..?" She looked surprised.

"Surprise?" L.Joe chuckled.

She just kept quiet. L.Joe looked at her with concern and asked,"What's wrong?"

"I..thought..you..'re you know..a..molester...," She confessed.

"Bwoh?! Me?!" L.Joe sounded surprise and remembered the news.

He looked towards her and laughed when remembered the look on her face before that.

"Ah...no wonder...you're running away from me..," He laughed.

"Hey! It's not funny okay! Didn't I say to not follow me? I don't want any troubles anymore," Mayumi said.

"Did someone gave you trouble aside from those loansharks?" L.Joe asked her.

Mayumi swallowed hard and looked away. Instead of answering his question, she tries to walk away but L.Joe blocked her with his arms which were on the wall.

"Did someone in school hit you because of...us..? Is that why you don't want to see me anymore?" L.Joe asked.

She did not utter a word and looked down. After a few silence, she asked,"Why..did you follow me almost everyday? Didn't you have anything to do..? Why did you.."

Before she asked anymore questions, L.Joe brought his lips to her lips and kissed which made her shocked. He pulled away slowly and looked into her eyes with his soft eyes and said with a soft tone,"It's because I had fallen in love with you."