Episode 34 - Being a Leader

Unable to free herself, Mayumi closed her eyes tight as soon as the shot was fired. She waited but there seemed to be no shot on her. She slowly opened her eyes and saw someone in front of her. Mayumi widened her eyes in shock as soon as it was L.Joe who was being shot. She could see blood on his shirt. He turned around and smiled wryly while saying weakly,"...I'm...glad...you..'re...okay..."

He then collapsed on the floor just a few steps away from her.

"L..L.Joe shii!!" Mayumi shouted while tears started to stream down.

Jin who was shocked by L.Joe being shot, walked towards him and kicked him on his stomach lightly.

"Trust you to protect her...Since it has come to this, let's end it, shall we..?" Jin snickered and pointed to the gun to her forehead.

But suddenly out of nowhere, there was several shouts.

"Put your gun down & put your hands in the air!! You are under arrest!!" SungJoon's surbodinates shouted across the room.

Feeling shocked, Jin accidentally dropped the gun. Jin and his men became panicked and scrambled to exit the place but most of the exit were blocked by SungJoon's men.

======

They managed to be arrested and the ambulance came in a nick of time. Mayumi, ChangJo and ChunJi were freed. L.Joe was then brought into the ambulance with the rest of them following to the hospital. Upon reaching the hospital, L.Joe was rushed into the emergency room for surgery. Mayumi, SungJoon and the rest of the Teen Top members waited anxiously for the news.

Mayumi felt guilty and tears kept falling down upon thinking L.Joe's status. ChangJo approached her and gave her a warm embrace. He tried to console her and calm her down.

While they were waiting, they heard running footsteps and they seemed to be reporters. They crowded around them and asked questions simultaneously. SungJoon who was overwhelmed by the reporters and shouted,"Hey! Calm down!!"

Due to his sudden shout, the reporters stopped asking and looked towards him. Then one of the reporters asked,"Aren't you the infamous detective- Choi SungJoon?"

They started to ask him questions instead about the incident. However, one female reporter spotted Mayumi and walked towards her and asked,"And...may I know who are you? Are you related to one of the Teen Top members here? Or maybe this incident is related to you? Are you close with the Teen Top members?..."

Some of the reporters diverted their attention to Mayumi and crowd around her with camera flashes which made her eyes blinded due to the unfamiliar scene.

ChangJo who noticed that quickly stood in front of Mayumi and shouted for the very first time in front of the reporters and cameras,"Yah! Please respect other people's privacy! Can you guys please go away?!"

Everyone stayed silent after hearing his shout and his furious expression. They slowly gave up in having interviews and went home. Ricky who was just as surprised as the others, clapped his hand in admiration and said,"Daebak...This is the first time you actually spoke up for someone.."

ChangJo turned to Mayumi and put his hands on her shoulders while asking,"Mayumi shii, everything's okay now..Do you want to just head home instead? I think the reporters will come and find you again."

"But..L.Joe..is still inside..I need to know how is he..," Mayumi sniffled while wiping her tears.

"We'll notify you as soon as the doctor comes out. You just go home and rest,"C.A.P said.

"I'll send you home," SungJoon offered as it will be convenient for her.

After Mayumi went off with SungJoon, C.A.P slumped himself at a seat and vent his frustration,"How are we going to explain to our manager now?"

"Better be GOOD explaination or else!" A sudden voice echoed.

All the Teen Top members turned to where the voice was and gasped.

"How..How did he know we're here?" Niel swallowed hard, feeling nervous.

They then looked at each other, not knowing what to explain to their manager.

=======

After the explaination, their manager seemed angry and turned to C.A.P,"How could you let them go there? As a leader, you need to protect them. Now look what happened!"

"I'm really sorry hyung. There's a friend who needs our help and we thought of -," C.A.P explained but was interrupted by their manager.

"And here's what I thought! I thought you guys will listen to me! Your concert tomorrow is very crucial! Everything had set up for you guys! And now what happened?! I trust you as a leader, Bang Min Soo!" The manager blamed him with disappointment.

C.A.P looked down and felt that he had failed as a leader. The other members felt sorry for C.A.P so ChangJo spoke up for him,"Manager hyung! This is not his fault! It's my fault. I..I wanted to save my friend so I dragged the other members with me! C.A.P hyung really was against it. It was me and L.Joe who wanted to save her!"

Their manager was surprised by ChangJo's tone of voice and his glare. Before he could counterback, the doctor came out from the emergency room. They rushed towards him and asked.

"Fortunately, the surgery went well. He just needs to rest for a few months to recover," The doctor told them.

They heaved a sigh of relief. Then their manager asked,"So he won't be able to have a work out or dance these few months?"

The doctor shooked his head and said again,"If you want him to recover fast, you need to let him have a full rest."

Their manager understood and the doctor walked off. Their manager was now in dilemma about the upcoming concert and seemed to be frustration. He then thought of a solution and looked at them and said,"Unfortunately we can't cancel the concert. We have to do these without L.Joe. I'm going to find and hire someone to take care of him till he discharged."