Episode 42 - L.Joe & Mayumi

"Byunghyun shii..what are you doing here?" Mayumi looked stunned when she saw him.

"Just wanted to know if you are okay," L.Joe walked towards her.

"I'm fine," She faked a smile.

"I know that smile anywhere. By the way you smile, you didn't seem to be alright. Did the reporters invaded your house?" L.Joe asked with concern.

Mayumi's smile disappeared and sighed. L.Joe knew her situation and wrapped her waist with his arm and said softly,"Don't worry. We'll get through this together."

When she heard that, she looked at him and he smiled earnestly which made her relief.

"So where are you going?" L.Joe asked while looking at the basket full of side dishes.

"I need to send these to Mrs June's for helping grandma yesterday," Mayumi told him.

"Looks heavy. Let me carry them for you," L.Joe offered and was about to take the basket from her but she kindly refused by saying,"It's okay. I can carry them. It's not that heavy."

But L.Joe just grabbed the basket from her and said,"I'll carry them. Besides if you carry them with me walking beside you, it won't be good for people's eyes. They would think I bully you."

"..But you are..," Mayumi played along and giggled.

"No. I'm not," L.Joe looked at her with disbelief.

"When we first met," Mayumi reminded him.

L.Joe remembered those times and looked flustered. Mayumi decided to change topic and asked,"Do you think all these will disappear? I mean the news about us?"

"They will..soon. Don't worry," L.Joe comforted her.

After they had sent the side dishes, they walked around the neighbourhood while holding hands. For the first time, Mayumi felt safe with him beside her. Never could have thought that he will be the one. They talked and laughed while walking. Soon it was almost evening. L.Joe decided to send her home.

"It feels nice to be walking with you without anyone interrupting us," L.Joe smiled.

Mayumi smiled too and gave a nod in agreement. When they reached her house, L.Joe saw there are no lights in the house.

"Mayumi shii, is grandma not at home tonight?" L.Joe asked while looking at thd house.

"Ah..halmeoni and Keita won't be home tonight," Mayumi told him.

"So you will be alone tonight?" L.Joe asked worriedly.

"Ah..yeah. I'm okay with it," Mayumi gave a reassuring smile.

"Hmm..are you sure? You don't want me to stay with you tonight?" L.Joe asked.

Mayumi shooked her head and asked him to go straight home. While L.Joe looked at her worriedly and had the urge to stay the night with her. After persuasion, L.Joe left the place. Mayumi returned to the house and went straight to her room.

She could feel the emptiness in the house without halmeoni and Keita. Just then, someone knocked on the door. She looked through the peep hole and saw L.Joe standing there with his hands on the side pockets. Mayumi opened the door and asked,"Byunghun shii, what are -.."

"I'll stay the night with you," L.Joe said and walked inside. Mayumi looked bewildered and turned to look at him. He sat on the sofa and waited for her. She closed the door and sat beside him.

"You don't have to..you know..? I can take care of myself & it's only one night," Mayumi told him.

"I know..but I can't just leave my girlfriend alone here. Who knows something happen to you?" L.Joe imagined the worst.

Mayumi seemed touched by his care and leaned her head on his chest and said with a smile,"Thank you for thinking of me."

L.Joe looked flustered by her skinship but embraced her tightly while saying,"That's what a boyfriend should do am I right?"

After that, both of them went into sleep after L.Joe hummed a lullaby.

=======

Then in middle of the night, L.Joe woke up and looked at his watch. It's 2AM and Mayumi was still in deep sleep. He then quietly carried her in bridal style and brought her into her room so that she can sleep comfortably on her bed. After putting her on the bed, L.Joe sat beside the bed and watched her sleep peacefully.

"She's even beautiful when she's asleep..," He mumbled to himself with a warm smile.

He then walked out of her room & slept on the sofa in the living room till the next day.

=======

Morning comes and L.Joe was still asleep. Mayumi was surprised to wake up in her room. She then searched for L.Joe and saw him sleeping the cold living room. She quickly brought a warm blanket to cover him up so that he can sleep comfortably. She watched him sleep and gently brought his fringe to the side while smiling to herself and said to herself, "I love you, Byunghyun shii."