Episode 44 - Moving Away

For several days, Mayumi had been avoiding L.Joe and had been focusing on her exams more than ever.

Soon after the exams were over, the students were given a few months break. Mayumi had planned out what she needed to do during those holiday breaks.

=======

At the house,

"Mayumi, are you sure about this?" The grandma asked worriedly.

"I am. I've actually rented a small apartment for the time being. I've been troubling halmeoni and Keita ever since I moved here," Mayumi said.

"But won't your father come back for you? He had entrusted me to take care of you while he's gone," The grandma remembered her father's request.

When she heard about her father, she clenched her fist tightly but tried to maintain a calm expression towards grandma.

"...I've told appa that I will be moving from halmeoni's house..and he's okay with my decision," Mayumi lied eventhough she did not want to.

The grandma sighed and held her hands with warmth while saying softly,"Alright. It's your decision..But you are always welcome to my house."

Mayumi curved a smile and embraced her tightly while saying,"Thank you, halmeoni."

After that, she looked around and asked,"Halmeoni, where's Keita?"

"He's still pouting in his room about you moving house," The grandma told her.

Mayumi excused herself and walked into his room. She knocked a few times and opened the door when she realized the door was not locked.

"Keita...," She called his name.

Keita was covering himself with his blanket while lying on the bed. She walked towards it and sat on the bed while saying softly,"Keita ah, didn't you want to say goodbye to me?"

He did not answer as he was actually sad that she had to go away. She put her hand on his shoulder and said,"I have to do this for the both of you."

"...But you don't have to go," Keita finally opened his mouth.

"If I stay here more longer, the reporters will keep coming here. And I don't want them to disrupt your everyday lives," Mayumi showed concern.

"Me and Halmeoni did not mind. Because after a while, they will get bored and stop going to our house since they will not get any news from you or L.Joe hyung," Keita talked.

"But Keita..you have to understand. You may not know how long they will stop doing this..They will do anything including hurting halmeoni..," Mayumi's voice trailed away at the end.

Keita heard that and repeated,"..What do noona mean about hurting halmeoni..?"

"There's this one day..you are still in school..the reporters came to the house again. They were waiting for the gate to open to led them in. And halmeoni..just returned from her work..The reporters saw her and rushed to her for interviews and at that point of time, she was being pushed in between till she fell to the ground...I..I saw her from a far but I didn't help her..because..I'm scared..of them..," Mayumi felt guilty.

"Why that reporters!!!" Keita felt vexed and clenched his fist.

"And that's why I want to move away. To protect you and halmeoni. It's the only way for you and her to have a normal life back," Mayumi said with presistence.

"Did she know that noona saw that incident?" Keita asked.

"I don't know...but I think she knows..," Mayumi told him.

Then he looked straight at her and sighed after thinking what's best for halmeoni,"Fine...noona can move away...but noona need to keep us updated on how well noona are doing in the rented house. Promise?"

"Promise," She smiled and they promised while doing a pinky promise.

They then embraced one another and Keita asked,"Did L.Joe hyung know that you will be moving away?"

"...No. Please don't tell him anything. I want to keep this private," Mayumi pleaded.

"Okay," Keita said.

"Thanks, Keita ah," Mayumi smiled.

=======

Keita and Halmeoni waved Mayumi goodbye and she reminded them to keep her new rented place a secret. Mayumi turned to face the front and walked to the bus stop. The sun was about to set while she waited for the bus. As she was looking at her watch, someone sat on the same bus stop seat as her.

"I wonder where she is....," The guy beside her muttered to himself.

Mayumi who heard that familiar voice, widened her eyes and made sure her cap and her mask covered part of her face. She then looked to the other side and pretended to be busy with her phone. Then his phone rang and he answered his phone,"Oh...wae?"

"L.Joe hyung, don't forget our meeting later," Ricky reminded him through the call.

"I won't...I am waiting for the bus now. So will be there in half an hour," L.Joe said.

Then he hung up the phone and glanced over to her but he did not know it was Mayumi sitting beside him. He looked at her luggage and the bags around her.

*She must be moving away from here* L.Joe thought and looked to the other side.

After 10 minutes of waiting, both of them stood up and boarded the bus. L.Joe then looked at her who was having trouble carrying her bags. He casually offered to help her but she firmly refused. He was taken aback by her rough attitude. She then quickly boarded the bus and sat down on one of the vacant seats.

In the bus, Mayumi just looked out of the window to prevent L.Joe to recognise her. In a few stops, she needs to alight to her new rented apartment. She glanced over to L.Joe who was busy listening to his mp3. As soon as the bus stopped at her destination, she hurriedly alight the bus with heavy bags. L.Joe watched her with curiosity but did not take note much.

======

Mayumi walked towards her rented apartment and within a few distance, she arrived to her destination. She looked at how high the apartment was and said to herself with determination,"Aja!Aja! Fighting!"