Episode 26 - Star Search Part 2 + Some trouble

Back at home, Mayumi was pondering while watching the practice video of Girls Generation - Oh!. She followed litle by little but having difficulty practicing. Feeling tired, she slumped herself on the bed.

The next morning, she strode off to her locker and put her books that were not essential for the first 3 periods. While putting away her books, she was congratulated by a few students in school because of her good performance. Mayumi just gave a slight smile and bowed a little.

"We heard this time it's going to be a dance performance, And you need to recruit people to form a group right?" The girls who was not familiar to her, surrounded her.

Mayumi gave a nod and they grinned with excitement. They suggested to take them in for the performance. Luckily the school bell ran as a sign of the start of lesson. Mayumi rushed out from the crowd and walked fast to her class. Once she reached the class, she sat on her seat and heaved a sigh of relief. *Maybe entering this competition is a big mistake...* She thought while feeling regret.

=======

Once in a while, she would practice alone and polished her dnce moves with the help of the dance studio that was booked by her teacher and the practice video by Girls Generation. As she was focused on her dancing, she did not notice someone was watching her by the door.

*Wow...she's really good..* L.Joe watched her secretly.

Just then, another person interrupted him and asked from behind,"Hyung, what are you doing?"

L.Joe jumped a little and looked behind and saw Ricky smiling widely. L.Joe asked him to keep quiet while pointing towards Mayumi.

"Ah...Are you peeping on her..?" Ricky accused L.Joe.

"I'm not peeping! I'm...watching! See..watching..," L.Joe defended himself.

"Hahahaha...watching your girlfriend from afar..," Ricky teased.

Before L.Joe could react, Mayumi's voice echoed from the room,"Is someone there?"

L.Joe became alert and quickly brought Ricky and himself to hide at the dark corners of the place. L.Joe put both his hands on his mouth and Ricky's. Mayumi went out from the room and looked around the place but there was no one.

"Must be my imagination...," Mayumi said to herself and then looked at her watch and said again,"Better pack my stuff. It's getting dark soon."

Mayumi went inside and practiced one last time. After she was satisfied, she packed her things and locked the room. After seeing her walking off, L.Joe and Ricky got out from their hiding place.

"Hyung, didn't the rules say that they need to find the number of members to dance with for the competition based on the song or group they were given?" Ricky emphasised.

"I guess so...," L.Joe answered,

"But why is she practicing by herself? Won't she be disqualified if she didn't meet the criteria?" Ricky pointed out.

L.Joe agreed on what Ricky had said and wondered.

=======

Meanwhile while walking home, she was humming to the dance song but stopped at the thought of the rules.

"The rules say to have the exact number of dancers to be qualified for the competition...And since Girls Generation had 9 members..I need to find 8 members for the dance..,"Mayumi thought.

The thought of recruiting 8 more members troubled her and did not realise that she bumped into someone.

"Long time no see, Missy," A rather rough voice said to her.

Mayumi who was about to apologise, lowered her head down and felt anxious all of the sudden.

"Yah...why don't you look at us? We won't hurt you," Another low voice person asked.

Mayumi who wouldn't dare to look up, tried to find a way to escape from the two loansharks. Before they could grabbed her, she quickly used her fast feet to run away from them. The two loansharks chased her while shouting to her. Mayumi ran as fast as she could and found a place crowded with people. She quickly hid behind a corner and took out some jacket and a cap to disguise herself and blend in with the crowd. From her view, she could see the two loansharks searching everywhere for her. Mayumi tried to stay calm and walked to another route home. As soon as she found out that they were nowhere to be seen, she heaved a sigh of relief and walked home.

=======

As soon as she reached home, the grandma welcomed her home.

"Yumi ah, go and wash up and have your dinner," The grandma said with a smile.

"Ye, halmeoni," Mayumi replied with a smile.

She walked towards her room and washed up. She then walked to the living room and saw a wide spread of side dishes.

"Halmeoni, are you expecting someone?" Mayumi asked.

"Not mine, but yours dear," The grandma replied from the kitchen.

"Mine...?" Mayumi looked confused.

Just then, she heard a couple of people greeting at the front door. Mayumi stood up and walked to the front door and eyes widened in surprise by the number of people.