Episode 7 - Keita & Halmeoni Yun

No one's POV

"Bwoh?" Mayumi looked at him.

"Let's go on a date this Saturday," L.Joe said to her.

*Is he in a right mind?* She looked at him suspiciously.

Mayumi let go of his grip and said,"Not interested. You can ask other girls to date with you."

She was about to walk out of the room when he pulled her against the wall. L.Joe looked at her with a more serious look which made her feel scared for some reason. He put his hand on the wall and said,"I'm serious when I said that."

Her eyes met his. Suddenly, she heard the door clicked and she quickly pushed him to the floor. She quickly adjusted her cap and completed with her sweater's hoody. L.Joe who was being pushed to the floor, groaned in pain. A student came in and saw the both of them.

"Uh, sorry. Am I interrupting something?" He asked.

*Duh! And because of you! I'm in pain right now! Ouch...* L.Joe rubbed his butt which was in pain.

Mayumi quickly went out and walked to her class.

*Phew..That was close!* Mayumi heaved a sigh of relief.

=====================

After school, she headed straight to her part time work and ended quite late as there were many stocks to keep double check. After all was done, she packed her things and said goodbye to her colleagues. As she was about to step out from the shop, she saw a back figure standing in front of a shop. He turned around and her eyes rounded.

"Changjo shii?" She looked surprised to ser him here.

"Hey," He smiled.

"What are you doing here?" Mayumi asked him.

"I'm..actually waiting for you," Hr shyly scratched the back of his head.

"Me?" She pointed to herself.

=====================

While walking, Changjo and Mayumi licked their ice creams that were bought by him. They didn't talk much and Mayumi kept glancing at him.

*I wonder why he waited for me..* She thought.

Changjo glanced at her and she quickly looked to the front.

"So..where do you live..?" Changjo broke their silence.

"Umm..around that area," She pointed not far from where they were walking.

"It looks quite deserted like your first house area," Changjo looked worried.

"It does look deserted from afar but it's not really deserted," She said.

Once they reached the place, Changjo saw teenagers having BBQ at the playground and some are playing their own games. One of the teenagers stood up as soon as he saw her.

"Noona!" He waved and ran towards her happily.

"Oh, Keita," She waved back.

"Why are you late today?" Keita asked.

"I've got some things to check again before I left," She explained.

"Oh...Yumi Noona, who is he? Your boyfriend?" He whispered.

*Boyfriend?!* She choked and knocked his head which made Changjo looked surprised.

"Ow!" Keita groaned in pain.

"He's my friend. Changjo shii, let me introduce you to the mischevious boy here, Keita. He's the grandmother's grandson," Mayumi introduced him to Changjo.

"Hi. I'm Changjo. Nice to meet you. Are you a Japanese?" Changjo asked while giving him a handshake.

"Yup! But Yumi Noona, can you stop calling me a boy? I'm in elementary school now," Keita sulked.

===========

That time in the grandmother's house - before she going to bed, she decided to go to the toilet to wash up. When she reached the toilet, it was locked.

"It's locked?...But halmeoni just went to sleep..I wonder whose inside...," She knocked on the door but no one answered.

She thought of any possibility and thought of the worst.

*Maybe its a burglar?!* She panicked and quickly search for a stick to protect herself. Just then, she heard something flushed inside the toilet and the door clicked opened. She raised her stick and a shadow of a man appeared.

"Yahhhhh!" Mayumi knocked his head with a stick while closing her eyes.

The guy fell down and groaned in pain.

"What the hell?!" A voice shouted in pain.

Then, lights were switched on. The old lady who just woke up from her sleep, went to look what's happening.

"What happened here?" The old lady asked Mayumi.

"Don't worry halmeoni! I just saved the house from a burglar!" Mayumi said.

"Burglar?! Who are you to say me a burglar?! Halmeoni Yun~," The guy rushed to the old lady and cried.

"Halmeoni...Yun..? Don't tell me..," Mayumi tried to guess.

"Mayumi dear, this is my grandson, Keita. He's still in elementary school. He's 2 years younger than you so Keita, you need to call her nonna," Halmeoni Yun smiled.

*My guess is right.. He's tall for an elementary student..* Mayumi sighed.

"I'm sorry that I thought you were burglar..It's just that halmeoni told me that she usually lives alone before I came in," She bowed while apologising.

"I didn't expect that the tenant is a girl," He quickly recovered from the pain and rushed towards you.

He lifted your hand and kissed your hand," Let me introduce myself again. My name is Keita. I'm halmeoni Yun's favourite grandson. Although I may 2 years younger, but I can be more mature and romantic than other guys out there."

Mayumi raised her eyebrow and quickly took away her hand. Halmeoni Yun just smiled and said,"Don't mind him. He always does that whenever she meets a new girl."

"...Halmeoni..! I didn't do that to every girl I met!" He panicked when his grandmother exposed him.

"Whatever it is, let's head to bed. Mayumi shii needs to be in school early tomorrow,right?" Halmeoni Yun said.

"Umm..yeah," She nodded.

"In that way, let me escort to your room," Keita smiled but have something else in mind.

"Oh no you don't. You come here with halmeoni. I'll show you to your room. Don't disturb her," Halmeoni Yun pinched his ear and dragged him to his room while he groaned in pain.

Mayumi just giggled and after that, went to sleep.

===========

Back to now,

"So you mistake him as a burglar?" Changjo chuckled.

"How am I suppose to know that halmeoni Yun's grandson will be staying with us too," Mayumi said while feeling guilty for beating Keita.

"If only I'm the same age as you, I would "hit" on you..sheesh," Keita folded his arms across; feeling a little envy towards Changjo and Mayumi.