Episode 37 - Heartbroken

"Byunghyun shii..what's all this?" Mayumi sounded surprised at the sight of romantic atmosphere.

There were petals shaped like a heart and a bouquet of red roses in the middle. The lights were a little dim.

"You like them? Sorry if it's not that fancy," L.Joe asked with a smile.

Instead of answering his question, she asked again,"Are you...?"

She then looked at him and he nodded and said,"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Her heart flipped and did not what to say. Then she thought of his idol life which made her stopped for a moment.

"This is wrong..," She muttered and turned around, biting her bottom lip.

"...What's wrong..?" L.Joe asked her.

"I think I should stop visiting you from now onwards," Mayumi was about to walk to the door when he grabbed her wrist.

"What are you saying..?" L.Joe did not understand what was happening.

Just then a door opened and there stood a woman and a man which seemed to be his parents. Mayumi quickly let go of his grip and started to panic. His parents who were talking amicably a while ago, seemed to have changed expression as soon as they saw her with their son.

"..Umma..appa..what are you here..?" L.Joe seemed flustered at the sight of them and asked without thinking.

"..We're visiting you of course..," His mother answered and then looked towards Mayumi.

She then approached Mayumi and scanned her from bottom to top.

"Is she the one you went to save during that incident?" His mother scoffed.

L.Joe knew his mother being sarcastic and approached her slowly and saod in a whispered tone,"Umma, please. Can we talk about this later?"

"Didn't your manager allow only us and your team members? How come she's included in the part of the group?" His mother rolled her eyes, dissatisfied.

L.Joe didn't answer and Mayumi then walked out of the room, feeling that her pride was hurt.

"Mayumi ah!" L.Joe wanted to catch her but his mother stopped him.

"Just let her go," His mother said.

"Umma! How can you said something like that to her? She's my friend!" L.Joe fumed.

"What kind of friend is she?? To let you hospitalised till now?! You might be killed on that day because of her!!" His mother shouted.

"She's someone worth saving! Why? Because I love her!" L.Joe argued.

His mother's expression changed and frowned,"W..What?"

His father who had watched the mother and son fighting each other while leaning against the wall, straightened his body. Then he looked at the romantic things in front of them and asked,"Is that why you make all this? For her?"

His mother then looked towards that direction and looked at her son with disbelief.

"Yes. For her," L.Joe answered.

"I can't allow that. I don't want a girl who had make my son suffer to be your girlfriend. And that's final," His mother said sternly.

"Umma, you can't stop me from seeing her. I love her," L.Joe told her.

After that, L.Joe walked out from the room to catch up with Mayumi. His mother was angry at her son's attitude and tried to think of some ways to stop him from seeing her.

Meanwhile, L.Joe walked around the hospital to search for Mayumi. Just then, he saw a familiar figure at the taxi stand. He approached her and called her name. She turned around and saw L.Joe panting after running all around the hospital.

"Byunghyun shii..?" Mayumi asked.

"I'm sorry about what happened just now..My mother..-," L.Joe said while catching his breath.

"It's okay. I understand her hatred towards me. If I'm her, I will react the same way as her. Besides, you should be in ward since your parents came here to visit you," Mayumi said.

"After she insulted you? I don't think so," L.Joe rolled his eyes.

"She's your mother after all. She cares about you more than you think..," She said while remembering her own mother.

"And...," She was about to continue but stopped when she remembered the confession he made to her.

"And?" L.Joe waited for her to continue talking.

"And..we should stop seeing each other. You're an idol and I'm just a regular person. We have different lives. Today will be the last time I am going to visit you," Mayumi said to him.

"Shireo. I still want to see you and I really love you. No matter what, we can face those obstacles together," L.Joe said.

A taxi suddenly stopped in front of her and she wanted to get in. L.Joe stopped her by blocking her way with pleaded look. Mayumi then muttered,"I'll think about it."

Then she walked another way and took the cab. L.Joe gave a deep sigh and unwillingly walked back to his room.

=======

3 months later,

L.Joe had already healed and was able to get back to upcoming concert that they needed to perform overseas. He had not heard from Mayumi after that day. He always mistook someone as Mayumi whenever he saw a familiar figure from the back. The TeenTop members noticed how depressed he was. ChangJo approached him when they had a break and asked,"Hyung, are you okay?"

"..Uh..yeah..," L.Joe faked a smile but gave a sigh.

"You miss her don't you?" ChangJo asked.

"ChangJo ah..I miss her and I really want to see her," L.Joe confessed.

"Have you tried to call her?" ChangJo asked.

"I tried but I think she had changed her number..," L.Joe told him.

ChangJo looked at L.Joe with sympathy and bit his bottom lip as if he had something he had hidden from him and the rest of the members. He hesitated and finally said,"I..can help you.."

"...You can..?..How..?" L.Joe looked at him, raising one eyebrow.