Episode 25 - Star Search Part 1

The event started and Mayumi was waiting anxiously for her turn. After an hour passed, its her turn. She had told the emcee to use the nickname that she had thought of instead of her real name. She then calmed herself down and walked to the front of the stage. She sat on the chair that had been prepared before her appearance. She looked towards the crowd and cleared her throat while saying,"The song that I'm going to sing was  Born to be a lady by Girls Generation but with acoustic version."

The audience clapped and awaited for her performance. She strummed her guitar and started singing. As she was singing, the auditorium was filled with silence. The TEEN TOP members who were the judges were awed by her guitar skills.

"Wow..she looks pro...," Ricky said while watching her performance.

"I like her voice," Chunji complimented.

L.Joe overheard what the members were talking about and smiled to himself. Just then, he saw something glittering from her wrist. He quinted his eyes and blinked multiple times. He then felt elated upon seeing the charm bracelet on her wrist. When she's done with her song, L.Joe gave a standing ovation and the rest of the Teen Top members too slowly gave a standing ovation, followed by the rest of the audiences. Mayumi somehow felt relieved by the clapped she received and bowed. After the standing ovation, all seated down and awaited for the comments by the judges.

"Hmm...Mimi shii, I like the way you played your guitar and your singing was good. But I think you have a problem in getting to a high note. However, I like the way you express your feelings towards the song," CAP complimented and she said thank you while bowing.

"For me personally, I like your singing skills. With that singing skills, you can be part of an idol," Chunji complimented and she bowed as away of thank you.

"Sorry. But I like singing while dancing more than playing musical instruments. I gotta say no..Sorry," Ricky apologised nd pressed the red button.

"I like how you immersed yourself into the song but I got to agree with CAP hyung. You need to control your high note. Sorry," Niel pressed the red button.

"Wow, looks like you have 3 voted you as No..lets hope the other 2 members help you to qualify to the next round," The emcee said.

"I got to say yes. Your acoustic version of the song is perfect and I simply like it," ChangJo smiled and Mayumi bowed again.

Now left L.Joe. He smiled charmingly towards her and said,"All I have to say is the whole performance is awesome. See you in the qualifying round."

L.Joe winked towards her and smiled. Then there was a loud cheers dedicated to her and she said bowed multiple times while saying thank you. After that, she walked backstage and felt rather happy for qualifying.

========

After a long hours, the event ended. Mayumi was still smiling ear to ear while packing her things. As she was packing, she spotted L.Joe wearing the same disguise as before walking towards her.

"Hey, congrats for qualifying to the next round," L,Joe congratulated her.

"Uh..thanks," Mayumi gave a small smile.

"That's the first smile I ever get from you," L.Joe said while looking at her through his sunglasses.

Mayumi heard that but tried to keep her busy with her things. Just then, the backstage manager called her name from behind. She turned around and he handed her a paper.

"For the upcoming qualifying Star Search round, you need to be able to perform this song ya," The manager said while giving her a fighting spirit before walking off.

Mayumi read through the conditions on the paper and was stumped. L.Joe saw her surprised expression and peered over her.

"...Covering a kpop dance...group...on...Girls Generation-Oh..?! You mean So Nyuh Shi Dae Sunbaenim?!" L.Joe sounded shocked.

Mayumi felt like giving up and put the paper away. L.Joe on the other hand, was looking forward to her dancing.