Episode 15 - Little Boy Encounter

No one's POV

L.Joe was about to crush the letter when he realised that halmeoni a little in her sleep. He quickly and quietly kept the letter back to its original place. Slowly, he tiptoed to his room and lied on his matress while thinking of the letter that he just read.

*Something just didn't add up..* He thought. He looked at the wall clock and it was getting late. He decided to brush it off and went to sleep. He tossed and turned in bed. He couldnt fall asleep. Frustrated, he sat up and rubbed his hair.

He decided to go out and have a drink in a kitchen when he saw Mayumi fiddling with her phone. He approached her and sat beside her. She felt his presence and asked,"Can't go to sleep?"

"You too?" L.Joe asked her.

She gave a slight nod while still focusing on her phone.

"Are you..waiting for someone to call you..?" He asked again.

"...No..," She switched off her phone when he tried to take a peek.

She got off her seat and poured some orange juice into a glass. Then after drinking, she decided to go to her room when L.Joe called her.

"Mayumi," He called her.

"Wae..?" She turned around.

"Can I talk to you on something..?" He asked.

"What about?" She asked him back.

He hesitated, thinking of halmeoni. Mayumi looked at him with curiosity while putting her hands on her hips,"I'm waiting."

"...Uh..nothing. Just wanna say goodnight to you. Goodnight," L.Joe changed his mind abd gave a faint smile.

"...Goodnight..," She turned around and slowly walked to her room.

L.Joe sighed and looked towards the moon outside the window.

==================

The next morning, Mayumi woke up with an appetizing smell. She sat up and looked at her watch.

"Who is cooking early this morning..?" Mayumi mumbled to herself while walking towards the bathroom to wash up.

After that, she went into the kitchen and saw L.Joe setting the table while looking out for the soup. He sensed that someone was coming in and he greeted.

The table was filled with many side dishes which left her amazed,"Did you cook all these?"

"Yeap. Have a seat," L.Joe smiled while making tea.

"I didn't know that you can cook..," Mayumi looked bewildered.

"Just the basic stuff," L.Joe tried to be modest.

After he's done, he went to wake halmeoni and Keita. They sat down and halmeoni seemed happy to see the food on the table.

After breakfast, L.Joe and Mayumi as well as Keita got ready for school. As soon as they were about to leave, halmeoni approached L.Joe,"You're really not going to stay for another night?"

L.Joe just kept quiet and Mayumi tried to liven up the atmosphere,"Halmeoni, L.Joe's busy with dance training. Maybe he can stay another time. Besides, me and Keita will be here."

"I hope you will stay longer..," Halmeoni said sadly and after that, she slowly walked back into the house.

L.Joe just watched her walking off. He then turned and walked ahead of others. Along the way, Keita had gone the other way which left L.Joe and Mayumi alone walking towards their school.

"Are you okay?" Mayumi asked when he was not in his usual self.

"...Yeah..," He hesitated for a while but gave a small smile.

"Is something bothering you?" Mayumi asked him.

"No..," He replied.

"Jinja?" Mayumi peered over to him.

He gave a slight nod. They did not utter a word until L.Joe saw a little boy crying outside a store. He went to approach the little boy and Mayumi who was fixing her uniform, followed him. L.Joe bent down to the little boy's level and asked,"Are you lost?"

The little boy just cried. He carefully picked him up and calmed him down. Mayumi looked around to see any signs of his mother. The little boy slowly stopped crying when L.Joe patted his back. Mayumi went to politely asked the little boy about his mother but all he can say is calling out his mom.

"Let's wait for his mom here. If she still not here, we'll go to the police station," L.Joe said.

"Okay," Mayumi agreed.

While waiting, she heard a cute laugh and she turned her head to see L.Joe playing with the little boy.

"Kakkung~," L.Joe played peekaboo with him which made the little boy laughed a little.

Mayumi's lips curved a small smile and complimented,"You're good with kids."

"Am I? Do you fell for me now?" L.Joe joked around.

"Dream on," She lightly slapped his arm.

Just then, she saw carvings of numbers on the little boy's bracelet which was on his wrist. She took hold of it and analysed. L.Joe watched her taking out her phone and asked,"Wae? Did you find something?"

"I think there's the little boy's mom's phone number," She started to dial.

"Odi? (Where?)" L.Joe looked around the little boy.

"Here," Mayumi showed the bracelet on the little boy's wrist.

She called the mom and a few seconds, the call was picked up.

"Yeobeoseyo?" The mom sounded panic.

"Ahjumma? Are you the little boy's umma?" She asked.

"Is..Is my little Sohyun there with you?" She asked in panic voice.

"Ne, ahjumma," Mayumi said while telling them where they were.

After that, she hung up and turned to L.Joe,"His mom will be here soon."

"You heard that little guy. You will see your umma later," L.Joe smiled at Sohyun.

A while later, a lady who came running towards to them with high heels.

"Sohyun ah~" The lady cried while giving a tight hug towards the little boy.

"Umma!!" Sohyun looked elated to see his mom.

"Thank you for taking care of my little Sohyun. Here, take this as my appreciation," The lady handed them 2 tickets.

L.Joe took the tickets and exclaimed,"Isn't this...the new theme park that going to be launch next week?!?!"

"Jinja?" She peered over tp him and widened her eyes.

"But the ticket of issue is..," L.Joe looked confused while looking at the lady.

"Both of you are invited. So don't worry. I'll see you guys this Friday. Sohyun say thank you to hyung and nuna," The lady said to her son.

"Gomapsumida," Sohyun thanked them while bowing.

After they had walked off, L.Joe and Mayumi continued walking to school. L.Joe kept looking at the tickets and hesitated to ask her,"So do you want to go this Friday?"

She gave a slight nod and L.Joe was surprised to see her agreed so easily,"Jinja?"

"Ehm," She gave a brief answer and slowly put on her cap as soon as they reached the school gate.

Just then, a crowd of girls kept rushing towards him and he quickly put the tickets inside his pocket. He saw her quickened her pace to get away from the crowd while L.Joe kept smiling to himself, thinking about this Friday.