Episode 16 - Attacked

In Teen Top's classroom, L.Joe can't stop smiling which led the members rose with curiosity. Ricky slid himself to sit beside L.Joe and asked,"Hyung, are you okay?"

"Ehm..," L.Joe gave a brief answer.

"Did something happen yesterday?" Niel asked him.

"Aniyo," L.Joe kept smiling.

"Must be uncomfortable sleeping there," C.A.P said.

"Nope. Actually..I like living there," L.Joe gave a surprise answer.

"Did you just say comfortable?" Chunji looked bewildered.

L.Joe turned to them who were gasping and furrowed his eyebrows,"Wae?"

"Hyung...did you hit your head yesterday..?" Niel looked worried.

"Ani," L.Joe looked confused.

"Normally...you refused to sleep in a place not as extravagant as your house...You actually hate living other place except your house..," Ricky said.

"...Did I..?" L.Joe asked his members.

They nodded and C.A.P asked Chanjo,"Yah maknae ah, did that place actually small?"

Changjo nodded.

"Yah..daebak...Looks like you really changed a lot because of her right?"Chunji looked amazed while whispering the last 4 words.

L.Joe just kept quiet and gave a small smile and whispered back,"How'd you know about her?"

"Well...being the love expert here, there's no way I can't tell," Chunji winked and smiled.

"Yah..You really caught me there. But don't tell our members yet especially him," L.Joe pointed to Changjo who was busy talking to C.A.P.

"No problem," Chunji gave an 'OK' sign.

=====================

During breaktime, Changjo wore a cap to find Mayumi. He was about to open the door of the music room when he heard a shout in the ladies' washroom which was just beside the music room. He peeked in through the glass and saw 3 girls bullying Mayumi. He was about to go in and stopped them when...

"Yah! You better watch yourself out! Don't ever think of getting closer with our oppas!!" One of the girls with long hair warned.

"Seriously, you think you're good enough for them?!" Another girl with short hair pushed her.

"I bet she put some spell on L.Joe oppa and Changjo," Another with curly hair scoffed.

"I didn't!!" Mayumi denied strongly.

"Liar!! What about that time YOU and L.JOE kissed in the janitor's room?!?!" The girl with long hair angered.

Changjo who eardropped, felt something hit him. *...Ma..yumi...and...L.Joe..hyung...kissed...?*

Mayumi unable to answer and wondered,*Ho..How..did they know...?* And the girl with short hair said,"Let's teach her a lesson, shall we..?"

The three girls crowd around her and slapped her faces and pulled her hair. Changjo who felt heartbroken stopped dazing and realised what happened. He rushed in and aggressively pulled her out from their clutches. The three girls were stunned by his sudden appearance and froze.

"..C..Changjo shii.," They swallowed hard.

"What did you girls thinking of doing?!" Changjo raised his voice which made them shocked.

"We..We...were..just...umm..," They looked at one another and couldn't think of an excuse.

"Better get back to class before I report this to headmaster," Changjo pointed out.

"...Ne..," They looked at Mayumi with disgust one last time and timidly ran out of the ladies' washroom.

Changjo turned to Mayumi whose cheeks were bloodly red.

"Mayumi are you okay? Do you want to go to the nurse -," Before he could finish his sentence, she said,"I can handle this myself..Thanks for helping me..," She put on her cap and walked out.

=====================

She went to sit in the garden and applied some medicine on the side of her lips. She kept thinking of what the girls had said. Then she thought of her father and mother which brought tears. Just then, she heard her name being called out from behind.

"Mayumi ah!" L.Joe called her name cheerfully.

Mayumi quickly wiped her tears and hid the medicene box. L.Joe sat beside her and showed her something,"Here. I've brought something for you. I didn't know that we got extra piece when buying 4 cheese bread."

Mayumi turned her head away and didn't give any reply.

"Mayumi ah, are you okay? Did..-," He turned her around and was shocked to see her swollen face.

"..W..Who did this to you?!" L.Joe looked utterly shocked.

She didn't answer and L.Joe continued,"Have you gone to the nurse room and applied some medicine?"

Mayumi stood up and turned away from him and raised her voice,"Don't ever approach me ever again! You hear!"

She ran off and left L.Joe dumfounded.

"...Did I do something to hurt her..?" L.Joe muttered to himself.

After school, Mayumi rushed out to avoid seeing Changjo or L.Joe. But as she was rushing out, she bumped into someone of big sized.

"Mianhae..," She sincerely apologised and bowed.

"Have you seen this lady in school?" The big sized man asked while showing a photo to her.

She widened her eyes and adjusted her cap so as not to let him see her face.

"Aniyo," She tried to stay calm.

"If you see her anywhere, tell her that I'm looking for her," He said.

She nodded and quickly ran off and hid at one of the dark alley.

"...They must be the loansharks..," She took a quick peek and saw several men waiting outside the school.