Episode 41 - Reporters

After the days of their relationship during the concert, there had been headlines and more headlines about them. Some reporters went to the extent to and find out where Mayumi lived to ask to get an exclusive interview. And once they found out her place, there had been no peace. She felt guilty at what had happened especially when it affected the ones she loved - grandmother and Keita.

Mayumi peeped at the window from her room with the curtain slightly pulled up. The reporters were still standing around the house, waiting for her to come out. Keita then came into her room and joined her watching the reporters outside.

"Didn't they know how to give up?" Keita asked.

"Maybe not...," Mayumi muttered.

"Can't noona just tell them about noona and L.Joe hyung? I mean that is the truth am I right?" Keita asked her.

Mayumi then stopped looking outside and sat facing him.

"I was told not to. It will ruin their group's reputation especially when I was just a nobody. The reporters will get get sick and tired soon. So they will stop getting an interview from me," Mayumi said to Keita.

"Is that what they say to noona? A nobody? How could they say that to noona like that?" Keita slowly getting vexed at what he heard.

Mayumi then calmed him down and said,"It's okay, Keita. I'm okay with it. Besides, I felt really sorry to both of you and grandmother. Because of me,you guys had a hard time to leave the house."

"It's alright, noona. To this certain extent, I really enjoy being stuck in the house. If only, it happened when it's school time not during school break," Keita told her.

"So you will have an excuse to skip school am I right?" Mayumi teased him.

"Of course!" Keita snapped his finger and laughed.

Just then, their grandmother came in.

"Yumi, I need help in delivering these side dishes to Mrs June's shop. Is it okay for you to send them to her shop? Me and Keita need to head down to Mr Lee's cabbage farm to harvest to make kimchi for the New Year. Maybe we will be spending the night there. We'll be back tomorrow. Is that okay?" Their grandmother asked for favor.

"Sure grandma," She smiled and went to change clothes before going out.

"Don't worry noona. I'll distract them once you are ready to leave the house," Keita showed a thumbs up as if he's in mission impossible.

"Gomayo, dongsaeng ah," Mayumi kissed his cheek which made him flushed.

After a few minutes, grandma, Keita as well as Mayumi had gotten ready to leave the house. They three gathered in circle and Keita said,"Remember as soon as I signal, noona quickly ran inside the Mr Hong's minimart. I've already called him about our plan. He will let you borrow some sort of disguise."

"Hold up. What kind of disguise?" Mayumi looked at him suspiciously.

"Well...A disguise which is unrecognizable by those reporters. Trust me. They won't suspect it's you," Keita said confidently.

"Fine. I'll trust you," Mayumi said and Keita beamed a proud smile.

Before they dispersed, they chimed "Fighting!" They stood in position and Keita looked to where Mayumi was. Both Keita and grandma walked out which made the reporters thought they will get a scoop. Keita then raised his hand and pointed far away and shouted,"Hey!! Isn't that GD from Big Bang!!??"

As expected, all the reporters turned behind to see if GD was there. Mayumi saw the signal and rushed to the nearest minimart. In a nick of time, all the reporters turned back to him and asked,"Are you sure GD was there?"

"Did I? Oppps..I thought I saw GD there. My bet. If you'll excuse us, we need to head out for groceries," Keita said while holding onto grandma's arm.

"Is Mayumi shii still inside?" The reporters asked.

"Didn't you know that noona not at home today? Noona's been out all da," Keita said bluntly.

The reporters looked at one another, confused as they did not see Mayumi stepped out of the house.

"Are you sure? We didn't even see her out? And we've been here all day," One of the reporters asked.

"Except the early dawn," Keita lied while trying to get through with grandma.

The reporters looked restless and frustrated. After waiting for hours, they had been told that Mayumi was not at home. They slowly left the area while Keita and grandma looked at each other, laughing silently at their trick. At the same time, Mayumi had disguised herself and looked ridiculous.

"If this prevents the reporters to notice me, I'm fine with it," Mayumi sighed and covered half of her face with a cloth, completed with a big hat.

"Mr Hong, I'll return these to you once I'm returning home," Mayumi said while thanking him.

"No worries, Mayumi. You can keep it till these things are over," Mr Hong smiled.

She then left the minimart and walked without suspicion. As soon as she reached a place quite a distance away from her house, she went into the washroom and removed the disguise. She then wore a big black sunglasses and hid her tied hair inside her cap. After perfecting her look, she walked out leisurely but still kept a look out.

"Phew..Being chased by reporters sure is tough..," Mayumi sighed.

Just then, her phone vibrated. She took it out and saw a text message from L.Joe.

"Turn around," The text message said.

She turned around and saw L.Joe smiling while wearing a simple disguise.