Episode 47 - Pretty You

That afternoon, L.Joe got ready to head back to his company for a dance practice. He wore the clothes that had been dried and while he was getting ready, he noticed Mayumi was whipping something up in her small kitchen. When he was done getting ready, he walked over to the kitchen and saw that she was making pancakes. He leaned against the table and watched her making them.

*She's really pretty when she's cooking..♡* L.Joe thought with a smile.

Mayumi then turned around and handed a plate with a couple of pancakes topped with maplw syrup to him.

"Here. Eat before you go for your practice," Mayumi said to him.

"Thanks," L.Joe felt grateful and took the plate.

He then looked around the room to search for a small table to eat.

"Hey, do you have that small table that we can eat out food?" L.Joe asked.

"It's over at that corner," She pointed over at the corner.

L.Joe looked to where she pointed and went over. He carried the small table and put it near the kitchen. He then placed his plate on the table and sat down. Mayumi glanced over and noticed that he didn't touch his pancakes.

"You can start eating first," Mayumi told him.

"I'll wait for you. We'll eat together," L.Joe said.

"I've already eaten my share earlier on. You can just start eating yours," Mayumi insisted he eats his breakfast.

L.Joe didn't talk back and took out his phone for a distraction. For a few minutes, she noticed that he had yet to eat his pancakes. She sighed and said to herself *He really won't start eating unless I eat with him...right?*

She hurriedly but calmly served herself a piece of pancake drizzled with maple syrup on her plate. She walked over to the table and sat down across him. L.Joe saw her plate and put away his phone.

"Let's dig in," L.Joe smiled happily and ate while smacking his lips.

She took a bite with her fork while watched him ate with amazement. Then, her lips curved a small smile when he enjoyed his breakfast.

After breakfast, Mayumi decided to head out. L.Joe followed her out. As soon as she locked the door, she turned to face him and said,"Good luck...for your concert."

L.Joe then grabbed her hand and handed an exclusive ticket in her hand.

"Come for our concert, okay?" L.Joe smiled and winked before rushing off.

Mayumi scrutinized the ticket and looked up to see L.Joe had already gone. She then put that inside her purse and off to her to-do list for today.

=========

Mayumi had practiced her performance very hard and had almost perfecting her song. The music teacher was very proud of her and suddenly thought of a good idea to boost the performance.

"A...dance??" Mayumi couldn't believe what she just heard.

"Yeah, A dance. Just a simple one will do," The music teacher grinned at her idea.

"But in this short notice, I don't think it's possible..Besides, I don't know how to dance that well..," Mayumi confessed.

"Well...how about this song? This song only requires simple moves," She handed the music sheet to her.

"...But this..is a duet..," Mayumi looked at her.

"It doesn't mean you have to do a duet.. You can make this a solo," The music teacher suggested while thinking of what happened earlier on with L.Joe.