Episode 4 - Problems

No one's POV

After school,

Mayumi was opening her locker when she found a familiar white flower. She looked surprised and looked around.

"Who could have put this here?" She wondered.

She smell the flower and smiled at the sweet smell. She took the flower with her and walked home.

Meanwhile, L.Joe was watching her the whole time and grinned when she seemed to like it. As she was walking out of school, he decided to follow her secretly. He saw her stopped in front of 711 shop. He pulled out a cap and wore a spectacle to disguise himself. He walked in and pretended to look for something from the shelves. Just then, he saw Mayumi arranging the drinks.

*She must be working here* L.Joe thought.

"Excuse me sir, do you need help?" Tasha tapped his shoulder.

"Mwoh?" He jumped a little at the sudden question.

"Are you looking for something?" She asked again.

"Uh..ani(No). Just..browse through," He quickly walked away and paid for the drink.

He waited for Mayumi at the nearest playground and at the same time, kept watching at his watch.

After a few hours, he saw Mayumi walking a distance away. He quickly stood up and followed her. Once she reached her home, she froze which made him stop to. He looked to the front and saw a bunch of suit guys surrounding a home. They heard things being broke and a man shouting.

"If you don't have the money to.pay us, don't borrow from us the next time!" The voice roared.

=====================

Mayumi's POV

As soon as I saw a bunch of suit black men in front of my house, I stood there froze. Just then, I heard things crashed and heard a shouting. I quickly looked around and secretly went to the back of the house without them being seen. I leaned against the door and listened.

"Well, if you can't pay up, guess we can use your daughter to pay back the debt," I heard him say.

"Please don't get my daughter involved. She's still studying. Just wait a little while more. I..I'll pay you back," I heard my father plead.

"It's been months & you expect me to wait?! YAH! I don't care! You four go and search for his daughter and bring her here. I know that she will be back soon," The man ordered.

The four men nodded and quickly search for me. I swallowed hard and think of ways to hide myself. As I was finding a place to hide, someone covered my mouth and pulled me to nearest wall.

"Quiet or they'll hear us," He talked softly.

Just then, I saw several black suit guys running past the wall I and the guy were. He uncovered my mouth as soon as they ran past.

"Phew, that was close," He gave a sigh of relief.

I recognised that pink hair and widened my eyes. I quickly adjusted my cap and turned away from him.

"Who are they anyway?" L.Joe asked.

"It's none of your business," I said to him.

"They look like...bad guys," He said.

I ignored him and walked out but was pulled by him.

"Yah! What are you doing?! Are going to get yourself killed?!" L.Joe scolded me.

"I know what I'm doing," I managed to free from his grip.

=====================

L.Joe POV

Seeing her walking away from me, I quickly followed her. I saw her taking something out from her pocket and approached one of the cars.

"Yah, where are you going?" I asked.

But she didn't respond and went to walk towards it.

She went to one of the tyres and looked around. I saw that one of the tyres went flat. Just then, I saw a black suit guy was about to go to his car. I quickly alerted her and she swiftly ran to hide herself. She pulled out her phone to call police.

A few minutes later, we heard the sirens of police coming. The black suit guys were shocked and quickly got out of the house. But as they were about to drive off, the cars wouldn't move and just noticed that the tyres had gotten flat. They were caught and I saw her smiling with satisfaction.

*Woah..she sure is brave* L.Joe admired her.

Once it was cleared, I saw her running to her house. I thought of running after her but stopped when I saw a shadow waiting for her, hiding. I hid to avoid him to see him and watch his every move. Then, he just walk away.

=====================

No one's POV

Mayumi entered the house and saw it was a mess. Then, she saw her father lying on the cold floor, clenching his chest. She ran towards him and called him out,"Appa! Appa!"

"Y...Y..u..mi..arrghh...T..take...my pills..from that..drawer...," He pointed.

Mayumi went to the drawer and search for the pills. As soon as she saw a bottle of pills, she handed a pill over to him and he carefully swallowed it. After a while, he calmed down.

"Appa, gwenchana?" She asked.

Mayumi helped him stand up and he looked around.

"Appa, wae?" She asked him again.

"Yumi ah, this cannot go on forever. I think both of us need to live separately," He decided.

"Mworago?" She widened her eyes at him.

"I cannot let them do anything to you since I'm in debt," He turned to her.

"But I cannot let you face alone. I can help you," She insisted to stay together.

"Yumi, this is the best for you. Just hold on for a few months. I'll promise you that we will live together again. Don't worry. I've already found a place for you," He reassured her.

She just looked at him with a worried look.

=====================

That night, both of them had packed their things. Her father gave the address to her.

"Appa, odiga(where are you going)?" She asked when she saw him going separate ways.

"I'm going to live where my friend had rented out for me. You go and follow the address that I showed you. Don't worry, we will always keep in touch," Her father smiled while showing his phone.

She ran towards her father and hugged him.

"Appa, be careful. Anything just call me okay. I am going to miss you," She cried while hugging him tightly.

"I'm going to miss you too," His eyes started to welled up while stroking her hair.

After the hug, they went their separate ways. As she was walking, she turned to watch her father walked off.

*Appa...please return safely..* She prayed while wiping her tears.