Chapter 57

I closed my eyes, inhaling deeply, my heart closing in together.

Why? That's all I wanted to ask.
Why? Why did this shit keep happening to me?

"How do you know this?" I ask, keeping my lips pressed together.

"We searched the building. No one was in there, but we did find a letter." He says, trying to search my eyes for comfort.
"What did it say?" I ask, slowly. I try to prepare myself for the worst so I won't have a heart attack when I find out.

"We don't know who it is, but we have a list of people in mind. They said, they had her and wanted money. But they didn't leave anything else, they don't sound too smart." Link mumbles.

"Isn't the place where they ask for money, a complete different location to where the kidnapped person is?" I ask.
"Only if its more than one person working together." He explains and I nod.

"I want her found." I say, sternly.
"I will find her. I promise." He says, his eyes turned serious and I swallowed and nodded.

"Also there's more." Link says with a nervous look.
"It's about Rayleá, isn't it?" I guess and he nods slowly.

"I reopened the case and we found something interesting about your adopted father, John." He stops and I nod for him to continue.

"We found the apartment he's been staying in the last 4 years. And we matched something. We examined Rayleás body again. And found something in plunged inside her. In her lung. It was a bullet. A hollow point, which was used for people in the war. If when they shot the bullet, they didn't die. The bullet just being in them would surely do it.
But it was filled with rat poison and gas fuel. So the gun she took, that was taken from me.
That was used, held hollow points. We matched the same bullet and gun in Johns house."
I knew it. For some reason I just knew it.

"What was his motive?" I ask, trying to avoid the tears, that threatened to come out.
"We don't know yet. But that's not all we found. We found another will from your adopted mother, Janet. Apparently she was diagnosed with cancer in 2008. That was the one you read. But it went away. She wrote another one 5 months ago, when they estimated her life expectancy. We figured she was going to tell you, but died before she could say anything." I was relieved to hear this news. After all she had raised me.
I did call her momma.
And I did love her with all my heart.

"We also found out, she had stripped Johns privileges of all his expenses and handed it to you. Then we found a one way ticket out of the country. Apparently John was planning to travel to Italy to collect a half a million dollars." He stops and smiles softly.
"That was the money my mother- Janet had?" I quickly corrected myself.
"Yes. Rayleá and Janet were best friends. She resided it under her name to be collected but since her and I weren't married. I couldn't touch the account. I didn't know of it until now. Two days before she died, she signed it under her name, giving you and unfortunately John access to the money." He explained.
"But he didn't get there." I finish and Link nods.

"Apparently he was in a rush to get out his house. Everything was turned over and rises through." He explains.
"Are you sure no one was after him?" I ask and he shakes his head. "I suspect that he's in charge of this whole thing."
I think for a moment, "Well with all that power, he's bound to piss somebody off. Someone might want him because they know he has money. Plus that will isn't the only thing he took. There's probably more he's hiding." I guess, with a shrug.

"You are most definitely my daughter with that mindset." He says grinning.

He called me his daughter.

For some reason I smiled even more.

"But we have you under top notch protection and on a 24 hour search for Amy. They'll turn up soon." He assures and I nod and hug him.

Which catches us both by surprise.

"Thank you so much. It means a lot to me." I say as he holds me tight.

"Anything for you." He whispers back.

"Oh! I guess I should tell you my good news." I say, retreating from the hug.
"I guess in the midst of all of this, I completely forgot to tell you." I add and hold out my left hand to reveal the large diamond ring.

"You're engaged!" He says with a wide grin.
And I nod quickly. "I'm so happy for you!" He says and hugs me again.

"Thanks and I was actually wondering. Whenever the wedding is...will you walk me down the aisle?" He pauses for a moment and a sentimental look grows across his face.
"I would be honored." He says, slowly and I grin again.

"Thank you." I reply back.
"No thank you Leá for letting me into your life. Thank you so much."

Once Link left, I collapsed onto of Elliot who was laying on his stomach.
I sprawled across his back and groaned into his shoulder blade.

"You okay champ?" He asks me and I let out all the information and he sits up.
"The only thing that bothers me is that this is only the half of it. And they're requesting money for Amy and didn't leave a drop off location. That means they know where we are." Eli explains.

"Well we're not making a good effort on not wanting to be found. We're sitting in my living room." I say in matter of fact tone.

"Well we're under protection, we'll be fine." He assures and I nod.
"I know it's kind of early. But what kind of wedding do you want?" I ask and he smiles.
"I was just about to bring that up. Wherever you want. As long as I'm getting married to you, I don't care where it is." He says with a smile.

"Well I was thinking...I want to get married in Utah. Because here, we'll worry about paparazzi And everything. But I want it there for your history because that's where you grew up.
But I also want to have our honeymoon in Italy. For my birth mom." I whisper nervously.

I swear I didn't know Elliot's grin could get any wider until now.

"Baby, I love it. I couldn't think of a better wedding or honeymoon for us." He says and kisses my temple.
He liked my idea.

Since he had no choice but to live with me...I knew this is not where I wanted to come back to as a newlywed.

Jinx hopped up on my lap and sprawled herself across me and I petted her.

"When do you want the wedding?" I ask and he thinks.
"I don't know, what's your least favorite month?" He asks.

"Why?" I reply. "So we can make it your favorite month." He says with a grin.
"Well August because its the end of summer." I say and he nods.
"Okay, what day?"
"What's your least favorite number?" I ask him.
He eyes me for a moment and swallows hard.
"Your least favorite number." He whispers.
Oh. It was our least favorite age.

"7." I mutter.

That's when The Incident happened to us.
"August 7th." He says and smiles slowly.
"We'll make the negative, a positive." I say and he agrees.

"Wait, it's July 3rd. We have a little over a month to plan this!" I suddenly exclaim and he nods.

"Don't worry, we have enough time. I'll worry about location. Just worry about what dress you want and just show up there. I'll handle everything else." He assures.

"Eli, planning a wedding takes a lot of work. Plus you're a man. I don't want you turning into a GroomZilla." I say and he chuckles.
"I don't think we'll have to worry about half the stuff people worry about in weddings. Like what color the napkins are." He says and I laugh.
"We should make them zebra print just to fuck with everybody." He chuckles again and nods. "I like that idea." He says and kisses my temple.

"Also get changed. It's time for you to be tied to me.
In a sexual aspect." He says with a grin.

It was time to get collared.

I was such a good girl for him.

5 points for Banks.

And 5 points for Carter just because he's my fiancé.

~*~**~*
Sorry another filler.
But this was an important chapter.
It makes me wish I dragged the situation when Ray was in the hospital longer. Put more emotion into it .
Oh well.

I'll edit later.

Tell me your thoughts about all the information I put in this.

60s party is tonight.

Did my hair the Marilyn Monroe way and got my dress and lipstick.

I'm doing this for you MM.

My girl for life!

Enjoy slaves
X

Oh p.s I'm glad to see my slaves are even from #AUS #NZ #Netherlands
You guys rock.

Oh and if anyone wanted to know I'm #USA #DMV

But in a few years I'm going to the Big Apple #NYC and then going to my dream home

#CA

Xx