Chapter 37

We just stood there for a moment, Eli on the other hand looked like he was getting ready to attack. His jaw was clenched and his eyes were narrowed. His fists were balled up together and his body began to shake. "What the hell are you doing here?" Eli growls.

My adopted father smirks and I look over at Linda who's slowly backing away into the kitchen. I frown at her and look back at Eli. "I came to see how my dear baby sister was doing." He says with a sly smile.

My heart clenches together and I look at Elliot. "Sister?" Eli whispers. The Bastard took a step forward with a smirk to Elliot. "How's my nephew doing?" He asks Eli, going to pat his shoulder.

Within an instant, the whole entire atmosphere is deathly, lethal. As if in slow motion Elliot brings his fist back to hit The Bastard directly into his face, but is stopped when Linda rushes out of the kitchen with a pan and swings back and hits him behind the head, causing The Bastard to fall to the ground with a thud.

Elliot swallows nervously and glares at his mother through glossy eyes. "He's your fucking brother?!" He exclaims.

Usually I would be against him cussing at his mother, but this was called for. I felt the betrayal. I felt betrayed by her. She holds the pan in her hands, breathing deeply with tears escaping from her bright blue eyes. "Baby, I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't. I was going to tell you today but he came and-" I stopped her. "So you knew I was adopted?" I ask, silently.

Linda drops the pan and wipes her face. "Yes. But that wasn't my information to tell." She says softly. Eli scoffs and turns his back. "So next you're going to tell me, he was the reason I got molested too?" He says, his voice cracking. "Not essentially, but we found out the last time they touched you. That's why your father almost ripped all of them in half." Linda replies.

That was understandable. The pain on Elliot's face was killing me even. It broke my heart and I felt the lump in my throat growing. "How could you keep this from me? From us. I can't believe you." Elliot says shaking his head in disbelief. Linda begins to sob uncontrollably. "Baby, I'm so sorry." She says, and I feel tears brim out my eyes too. "No. This is unforgivable. And you're lucky you're my mother or is strangle this man right now. But this is your brother. Your family. I want nothing to do with him. Or you." He says, wiping his nose and and grabbing my hand to slip out the front door. Linda begins wailing and Elliot pauses for a moment and I watch as he walks back inside and kicks The Bastard in his gut. "You sick son of a bitch! You don't deserve Rayleen even as an adopted daughter. Go to hell bitch." Elliot yells and turns his back to his mother.

My face feels numb with an indifferent expression. Eli grabs my hand and leads me to the car.

Silently.

He begins driving and I glance over at his broken face.

"Eli. I'm so sorry." I say, feeling the tears begin again.

He shakes his head and sighs, "No. Ray, I'm sorry. This is news to both of us. But just think, the timing was perfect. If we found out last week. We would believe we are related and can't do anything. Can't be anything." He points out notably.

That was so true. He pauses and swallows hard and sighs again. "Just damnit Ray. It never ends for us. Here you are yelling at me for keeping secrets from you. Then me yelling at you for keeping secrets from me. Now my mother? I mean what else is she hiding huh? What next? I'm adopted too?" He exclaims and blinks hard.

I stare at his pained face and stroke his arm softly. "No, she would have told you by now." I whisper.

"Would she?" He retorts back. And that was oh so true as well. I pressed my lips together and gave him a sincere smile. "You look just like your parents. Trust me you're just being paranoid." I assure.

"Ray, I don't know if I can take any more of this secrecy. I'm just so tempted to take you and go away somewhere." He says clenching the steering wheel. "How do you do it?" He asks in a whisper. "Do what?" I reply. "Ensure all of this. I find out one little thing and I'm getting ready to crack. How do you stay sane?" His question was comedic but I knew he was serious. "Remember, I just came out of a mental hospital a few days ago." I remind with a smile. "Yeah, but that wasn't your fault." He points out. "It was. And I don't know how. I just did." I reply with a shrug. He looks back over at me and grips my hand. "Where are we going anyway?" I suddenly ask.

"To see my father. I want everyone to come clean." He replies with a deep exhale as we approach the hospital.

I wanted to go and see how Amy was doing too so I let Elliot have his time with his father.

"There's my main bitch." She says with a smile.

"Girl. Shit keeps getting even deeper." I say with wide eyes and plop on her bed.

She looks a lot healthier, just like her old self. "Well tell me." She says sitting forward. "My adopted father is Elliot's uncle."

She lays back and throws her pillow on her face. "What the actual fuckery!" She shouts. "Exactly." I mutter. "Your life is a lifetime movie." She says sitting back up. "I know, it's crazy." I mutter. "I'm telling you, write a book. But what are you two going to do?" She asks me and I shrug. "Just wait it out, I suppose." I say with a sigh. "Shit is getting crazy. You better be careful. Cause your adopted father is insane and Andre is dangerous." She warns and I smile at her, "I promise I'll be fine." I ensure and I turn around and see Elliot standing there. "Baby what's wrong?" I ask.

He swallows hard and purses his lips, "Come here. There's something you should know." He says flatly. I blink and look at Amy who's just as confused as I am.

I stand to my feet and follow him. "What's wrong?" I ask again and he leads me to his fathers room.

"What's going on?" I ask, looking to Mr. Carter. The older man looks fragile and scared shitless. "Go on and tell her dad." Elliot says swallowing hard. "Tell me what?" I whisper anxiously.

I was so apprehensive I thought I would throw up. Mr. Carter looks at his son then back at me and says, "Your adopted father didn't hit Amy with the car. I did."

~*~**~

A/N

You guys should really look at the messages I put on watt pad. It keeps track of me updating my books and everything. Plus that's how I interact with you guys.

Enjoy my slaves

X